Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm new here, and I have a few questions. I'm picking up my GTI in two weeks (two looong weeks), but I test drove one and I have a few questions about the pedals:

1. How different is a floor hinged accelerator from a suspended one? I drove only for a few minutes, but it was a weird feeling for me. Does it allow more throttle control?

2. The brakes seemed a little mushy to me, but I've had such limited experience with the GTI that I'm not sure how they really are. I've read a few reviews where the brakes have been noted as being imprecise. How have they been in your experience?

Thanks!
-N

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know about the different pedals, but the stock brakes are really very good in my experience. I've had a couple close calls for fender benders on freeway traffic where the brakes really did their thing and saved my ass.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
The accelerator between a normal suspended one and the one in the GTI takes a little getting used to but once you get used to it then it is perfectly fine. The GTI pedal gives you a little more throttle control and just is more comfortable IMO. The brakes are great too and have saved my butt a few times as well and get you to a stop really quick if needed. Make sure your pads and rotors are good and if you still think that they are "mushy" then you can do a cheap BBK by getting some .:R rotors and calipers and install those. O0

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would agree that the feel of the brakes is a bit squishy, particularly when you are just sitting still and 'feeling' the compression. Also, the power assist is a little too aggressive for my taste, but seems to work well. However, in actual performance, they are very sensitive, and the car brakes quickly and in a straight line every time on hard stops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.