Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Think we all know our cars rock! ......

on a off note anyone else started seeing "imposter" mini's? i know they joked in ads about them but i keep seeing ared die-hat-su thing with white roof and bonnet stripes like a mini cracks me up!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great explanation (including a nice visual) re: DSG. Maybe this could be linked to the Q&A thread regarding DSG.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Seeing the DSG in motion was much more rewarding than reading about it. I would never drive my fast as hard as they were in the video. Nor do I possess the skills needed to drive it on two wheels. Good flick = karma for you!

·
Registered
206 Posts
blackgti06 said:
nice video i like the shiftb pads
I don't. I keep preferring the manual gearbox and shifting myself. I'm not into the whole thing of a computer shifting for me. I like to do it myself, that why I'm gonna buy a GTI with a 6 speed manual gearbox.

·
Registered
857 Posts
GTI2007 said:
blackgti06 said:
nice video i like the shiftb pads
I don't. I keep preferring the manual gearbox and shifting myself. I'm not into the whole thing of a computer shifting for me. I like to do it myself, that why I'm gonna buy a GTI with a 6 speed manual gearbox.
I see your point, and I can tell that you're a purist about your car (which is a perfectly good thing). However, the guys at 5th gear have tested ALL kinds of cars, everything. If they are going to go as far as to say it is the BEST gearbox ever and that the king, Ferrari, should use it, does that not convince you at least a little bit to consider more deeply the option of DSG?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the greatest respect and admiration for the guys that designed the DSG gearbox because it's an awesome piece of technology but that doesn't make me want to buy a GTI with a DSG gearbox. I maybe gonna take a GTI with a DSG gearbox on a testdrive to see how it rides but I propably ain't gonna buy it because I still prefer to be fully in control of shifing myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts