Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are (or are soon to be) LED taillights for the GTI MKV. Here is the link:

http://www.parts4euro.com/cgi-bin/P...ction=view_product&productID=20060&category=8

It says "These are not plug & play, the control box has to be reprogrammed to accept the LED taillights and the rear fog either has to be wired in and/or a European switch is necessary."

I can most likely figure out the european switch thing, but who can reprogram the control box for me?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
those are some pretty gross looking lights but... whatever floats yer boat i guess... as for re-programming it... i would assume the dealer can do it... or possibly a place that sells lights similar to it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Those particular LED light housings are fugly!

HOWEVER, LEDs are much better than the standard incandescent bulb. LEDs use less energy, last longer, and have a much faster response time. Note that a 200 ms improvement in braking response time is equivalent to a 19.1 feet reduction in stopping distance at a speed of 65 MPH. This is a significant safety factor. Many new cars are being equipped with LEDs.

I would much prefer to get some smoked tail lenses with LED bulbs. Those clear lenses are too prominent in the ricer crowd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you are looking to get some i wouldnt by them from parts4euro the took over 3 weeks for me to get my clear side markers but that is up to you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts