Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like after dealers kept saying NO Launch Control for Canada, we will be getting Launch Control! Dealers kept saying no LC to me but after a trip to the VW Dealer today and I brought it up and that I had the TSBs with me, they said they will be adding it.

As stated in the TSB VIN range _____1K_7W000000 - _____1K_7W064999 with Transmission code 02E can be flashed to support launch control.

Finally got the info after going to the dealer to find out my sales guy no longer works there but was taking my calls as if he did :\

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kryptonkid07 said:
Sweet. You'll love it. My VIN was in between that range and I got mine fixed. Wonder why the canadians were holding out?
Not too sure, the Dealer seemed to be under the assumption it was a legal issue, but I guess it was just the same thing here that they hadn't added Launch Control to the first 64,999 cars capable of it. (assuming the # are sequential for vehicles)

·
Registered
103 Posts
my car is in 1K_7W088001 range

and i got my car November 19th 2006

and today i tested my car .. and i do have Launch Control on my GTI here in Canada

i took the ESP off
put it in S gear
pressed on the brake
pushed the gas pedal to get 3K rpm

let go of break and the rubber started to burn and it lunched me :D pretty cool ..... wont do it often since the tires are not 2 cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.