Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought my new Fast 2011 CSG DSG 4door AutoBahn like 3 weeks ago.I was staying over a friends house in Brighton, MA and i parked my car on a proper space on the street. I wake up, go to the car and find THIS (pics below). FML. I haven't even hit 1k miles yet [suicide]. do you think the bumper can be saved? i think its ok, only a little bit of the clips are gone. how much is a new side mirror gonna cost me?[pissed]

ps. any boston gti's out there? i know i saw a coupe less than a block away parked.

any more pic requests will be considered

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Don't know bout saving the bumper, but sucks how it happened. I notice Wellesley; there's a dealership there? My folks lived there years ago. Go Sox!

·
Registered
312 Posts
OMG man i am so sorry that happened! did they leave insurance information? i really hope this wasnt a hit and run

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately when i found it, there was just my messed up car. no information, no nothing. just a sad fast. it was hit and run. the details are kind of fuzzy though because the bumper has a small dent on the side, a smashed side mirror, and it was a couple feet pushed back. im thinking maybe towing gone wrong? either way this sucks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, go sox. but wheres the help?? lol i used to be a creeper on this site back when i had no membership, and i loved learning all these new things about the car i loved. now wheres my help? lol

·
Dub 2.0
924 Posts
I hate to say it but its a random act, I doubt someone saw it on the forum....

That does blow though... Sorry Dude....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry if i am making this unclear. i posted to see how bad people think the damage is, how much the repair for the mirror would cost and any other kind of help. im not looking for witnesses in particular lol

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
U can get a mirror from http://www.ecstuning.com/ probably, also get the part number from your bumper and see if ECS carries it. Keep in mind the bumper might have to be painted which is more $$$.

Or, get insurance to fix it if your deductible is less than those parts above.

·
Registered
963 Posts
can you grab some more photos? from what i saw it looks like it can be saved but it may need some rigging to be secured back to the car. my pops is a painter and ive lived in a shop 90% of my life and it looks like the bumper is intact. any stress marks on it on either side?

I just dont see how they hit the mirror and snagged the bumper with out hitting the doors,fender, or quarter panel. all those dont seem to be disturbed. the bumper is flush with the quarter panel yet there are no marking of it being hit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@kenny13200 i will post more pics tommorow during the day. i need to take more pics for closer inspection of the damage. stay tuned[violin]

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
thats why i hate boston. and i feel really bad for you owning a brand new mk6 and living in Jamaica plains... its a rough area... my parents lived in sumerville and i would never wanna live where they were.

good luck on your ish though. hopefully the insurence company takes care of it because it was technically a hit and run. usually they just charge you the deductable and they take care of everything else.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
can you grab some more photos? from what i saw it looks like it can be saved but it may need some rigging to be secured back to the car. my pops is a painter and ive lived in a shop 90% of my life and it looks like the bumper is intact. any stress marks on it on either side?

I just dont see how they hit the mirror and snagged the bumper with out hitting the doors,fender, or quarter panel. all those dont seem to be disturbed. the bumper is flush with the quarter panel yet there are no marking of it being hit.
Yeah thats what I was thinking. It is amazing that they never touched the side of the car and just took off your mirror. The bumper looks alright but I really hope insurance will set you up right and get it done without you paying too much out of pocket. GL O0

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@ Jsilva jp has actually gotten much better over the years. its ironic though because in jp, where i park my car all the time and is supposedly more dangerous, nothing has happened. i go to brighton for a day and bam.

@minicoopkiller. i believe my deductible is $500. my logic was that my father owns an auto shop, if the bumper is good 2 go i can get it fixed for free, and just pay for the mirror. less than $500, and no higher insurance rates. sounds good 2 me

·
Registered
963 Posts
@ Jsilva jp has actually gotten much better over the years. its ironic though because in jp, where i park my car all the time and is supposedly more dangerous, nothing has happened. i go to brighton for a day and bam.

@minicoopkiller. i believe my deductible is $500. my logic was that my father owns an auto shop, if the bumper is good 2 go i can get it fixed for free, and just pay for the mirror. less than $500, and no higher insurance rates. sounds good 2 me
Thats what I would do

·
Registered
732 Posts
If this was my car Id only be buying a mirror and painting it the very weekend, and it would still be the "right" fix...
How much is a new MKVI mirror / paint and install? Might as well spend $500 and get a new bumper, new mirror and anything else fixed that we cant see from the pics.
Maybe glue and double sided tape works for you and a 10 yr old MKIV but since its a brand new car I would pay the extra $200 and get a new bumper.

Insurance shouldnt change by much, talk to you agent... An accident is just that, especially one where you are not at fault. A speeding ticket has a worse affect on your rates (at least in Ohio) b/c that shows you are a higher risk....

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Yea, call the cops too, police reports help insurance, your right, its a brand new car, have it fixed, do it right. I can't believe they didn'ttouuch the metal... Strange

1 - 20 of 81 Posts