Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

GTI BLOW OFF VALVE

42K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  Dragon 
#1 ·
So just like any other turbo can i get a different blow of valve so that i can hear my favorite sound in the world? Also what about a turbo timer i dont have one yet but sould i get one i hate waiting in my car for an extra min before i can turn it off

#3 ·
thank you

#6 ·
yea i saw that converter by forge

#10 ·
hey i just found out that blow off valve dont really work well with gti....something about it cause less preasuret to go to a sensor or something and makes the injectors run rich....not sure but i read something like that ....anyway....ibut is there any product out there that allows GTI to have a blow off valve without slowing the car down.......
if there is nothing to stop this form happening, how much horsepower does a gti loose?

#14 ·
the BOV adapter for the GTI costs more then the Neuspeed cold air intake and is 10x harder to install. it also gives you no power gains of any sort. my opinion spend yer money on the Neuspeed cold air intake or any cold air intake and you will get better performance and will still get a BOV sound.

#21 ·
Ok guys I got me an 07 GTI, I was thinking of picking up the Blow Off Valve, my only question is does anyone know with the adjustable one from FORGE is their any issues, like power loss? running rich? car stalling when in idle? Reason i bring this up is my friend is a professional driffter and all he does is work on his car, he told me that depending on where the sencer is what will let me know if I can run it without any issues? He told me get it, install it then if we see some black smoke then I am not getting full combustion, meaning I am running rich. This sounds like a good plan but I would hate to waste then money if anyone knows for a fact that adding the FORGE Blow Off Valve (adjustable) will cause any issues on an 07 GTI. Thanks in advance guys. ???

#22 ·
DARKSIDE_GTI said:
Ok guys I got me an 07 GTI, I was thinking of picking up the Blow Off Valve, my only question is does anyone know with the adjustable one from FORGE is their any issues, like power loss? running rich? car stalling when in idle? Reason i bring this up is my friend is a professional driffter and all he does is work on his car, he told me that depending on where the sencer is what will let me know if I can run it without any issues? He told me get it, install it then if we see some black smoke then I am not getting full combustion, meaning I am running rich. This sounds like a good plan but I would hate to waste then money if anyone knows for a fact that adding the FORGE Blow Off Valve (adjustable) will cause any issues on an 07 GTI. Thanks in advance guys. ???
I've heard it is better to get an intake if you want to hear the blow off more. That and/or a chip. I know when I was running the REVO 5-Hour test I could clearly hear it blowing off the extra boost.

Save the BOV for the ricers. No performance gain. Might as well slap some stickers on the car while you're at it ;)

#24 ·
Sounds good, I apreciate the input, actually about the stickers I found one on e-bay that says it adds about 15 to 20 horse power at the wheels ;D
Anyway, I think I will order it, and run some laps and see what i get, my buddy has got tons of machines to determine if it is hurting or working against me, also I dont think it will hurt to shoot an e-mail over to Forge as well to get some input from them. if anyone else gots any input let me know ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.