Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just like any other turbo can i get a different blow of valve so that i can hear my favorite sound in the world? Also what about a turbo timer i dont have one yet but sould i get one i hate waiting in my car for an extra min before i can turn it off

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
you cant get any BOV because the GTI's already have one. to get yer favorite sound in the world you need to get a converter to make the air go to the atmosphere

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i saw that converter by forge

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you get a revo chip, you wont need a bov. After the upgrade to my fast, you can really hear the wastegate spittingout boost.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
indygti said:
If you get a revo chip, you wont need a bov. After the upgrade to my fast, you can really hear the wastegate spittingout boost.
yeah??? hmmmmmhmhm if you can try to put up a sound clip. i would love to hear it >:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey i just found out that blow off valve dont really work well with gti....something about it cause less preasuret to go to a sensor or something and makes the injectors run rich....not sure but i read something like that ....anyway....ibut is there any product out there that allows GTI to have a blow off valve without slowing the car down.......
if there is nothing to stop this form happening, how much horsepower does a gti loose?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Old blow off valve topic merged into this one. This is now the topic to post things about BOVs.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
the BOV adapter for the GTI costs more then the Neuspeed cold air intake and is 10x harder to install. it also gives you no power gains of any sort. my opinion spend yer money on the Neuspeed cold air intake or any cold air intake and you will get better performance and will still get a BOV sound.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Atmospheric BOVs may be bad for the car if it has a stock recirculating BOV. Might run rich in between shifts, which, in time, can lead to problems.

Not sure about the GTI specifically, but this is the case with several factory turboed cars. Ask your tuner.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts