Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I know a lot of people on here stand by Uni and say it's the cream of the crop, but I had no idea there was THAT much of a difference between Uni and APR, all I can say is, wow, after getting taking my fast out for a drive, post-tune, I was blown away.

So much more power and much more balanced than the APR stg 1 tune I had on my MKV, plus(although my MKV had the FSI engine, so that could be a factor too)

And going from stage 1 to stage 1+ only cost an additional $50(not bad for 15 additional horses bringing the numbers from 245 to 260).

I've totally become a Unitronic fanboy, their product rules.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Wow, I know a lot of people on here stand by Uni and say it's the cream of the crop, but I had no idea there was THAT much of a difference between Uni and APR, all I can say is, wow, after getting taking my fast out for a drive, post-tune, I was blown away.

So much more power and much more balanced than the APR stg 1 tune I had on my MKV, plus(although my MKV had the FSI engine, so that could be a factor too)

And going from stage 1 to stage 1+ only cost an additional $50(not bad for 15 additional horses bringing the numbers from 245 to 260).

Fellow fanboy checking in. I haven't had the pleasure of comparing the two but you confirm a lot of what I had read pre my Uni tune.
Just you wait... it gets even stronger!
Congrats!

...yet another drunk post.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
good stuff!! Ill probably be getting a Uni tune in the near future... definitely excited

·
Banned
261 Posts
awesome man... gotta save to get my car flashed, glad to know you like yours that much though. Just like any mod though... you'll get used to the power and will want more ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts

Good to hear! Im about to get Uni stage 1+ also once I get my tax return. All I have to compare it too is my previous fsi gti that I had apr stage 1 on. Im sure its alot more fun!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
awesome man... gotta save to get my car flashed, glad to know you like yours that much though. Just like any mod though... you'll get used to the power and will want more ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been thinking about getting my car flashed FROM APR to Unitronic. I'm getting a full Turbo-Back Exhaust here shortly and I'm going from APR stage 1 to 2 but I want to get stage 1 APR to Uni stage 2. HOWEVER, the closest Uni dealer is like 135 miles from me, while APR is 55. Should I make the journey?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've been thinking about getting my car flashed FROM APR to Unitronic. I'm getting a full Turbo-Back Exhaust here shortly and I'm going from APR stage 1 to 2 but I want to get stage 1 APR to Uni stage 2. HOWEVER, the closest Uni dealer is like 135 miles from me, while APR is 55. Should I make the journey?
Email uni. I bet you could just buy a uni connect and flash it yourself. Since it's already been tuned, I would imagine you don't have to pull the ecu to go from APR to Uni.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Email uni. I bet you could just buy a uni connect and flash it yourself. Since it's already been tuned, I would imagine you don't have to pull the ecu to go from APR to Uni.
Awh man, that'd be so sweet if I could do that. I wouldn't have to leave the driveway! I emailed them this morning to try and see if there was a closer Unitronic dealer, because when I hit "Locate a Dealer" on their site it told me the closest one was in Alabama and then it gave me directions to Washington :(. I live in Georgia by the way and I'm going to be installing the exhaust myself, so after I install it'd be perfect to just UniConnect right then and there! :D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Fellow fanboy checking in. I haven't had the pleasure of comparing the two but you confirm a lot of what I had read pre my Uni tune.
Just you wait... it gets even stronger!
Congrats!

...yet another drunk post.
The guy before me Tuned to APR, and it seems like every guy with a mk4 GTI in our area tuned to APR because my 3 others friends have been tuned to APR by previous owners.

I have been wanting to switch to UNI once I get my Exhaust and a couple other supporting mods for Stage2 Uni.

Hearing more and more fanboys pop up with great results ensures this will be my next tune.

Great hearing from another guy with APR doing the switch!

Good luck and congrats!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.