Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to the site. Just picked up a 07 black gti. I love this think its my first vdub. My main question for everyone out there is what would it take for one of these's cars to run with a vette. My dad has a 07 Z06 and was wondering what I would have to do to get up to him, or just maybe give him something to think about when we run. Any suggestions money is no object. Dad said he would help out if I could give him a run for his money.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Well, hopefully you have a manual, it can hold a lot more power than the DSG.

To catch up to a Ferrari-beating Z06 you're going to need a lot of money.

You're looking at a new ENORMOUS turbo, the biggest you can find, turbo back exhaust, chipping it to run on race gas (100 octane), full CAI, NOS, taking out the seats and getting race seats to save weight, lighter wheels, super sticky tires, and then replacing all the other parts in the engine that start to break when there's this much power, new fuel pump, headers, cams, etc.

Or since money is no object, try to buy that W12 GTI if it ever goes on auction.

·
Registered
81 Posts
if money is no object, then drive you GTI down to the Porsche dealer and trade it in for a 2007 911 turbo and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
blacknight02 said:
My dad has a 07 Z06 and was wondering what I would have to do to get up to him, or just maybe give him something to think about when we run. Any suggestions money is no object.
Hyabusa FTW!

So was this a serious question? Money no object?

Offer to partner w/ VW to build on of these for you...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats one bad ass car, so one big turbo, chip, and all the add on's, maybe some nitrous ;D I wonder what i'll be able to keep up with.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
blacknight02 said:
Thats one bad ass car, so one big turbo, chip, and all the add on's, maybe some nitrous ;D I wonder what i'll be able to keep up with.
No. You'd still be bringing a knife to a gun fight.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
blacknight02 said:
nitrous will blow yer engine. the internals are not strong enough to run nitrous over and over again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just can't help remembering one of my favorite clips:
[yt=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tp37BvVmzfY[/yt]
GTI vs Murcielago on Top Gear.

If you want to run against a car that has 2.5x the HP, you have to do something serious.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So it looks like the only v dub that can compete is the R32 with alot of work. So maybe I need to look into the cost of upgrading the motor and dricetrain

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I don't know what IBTL is, but I think this is a stupid thread, filled with stupid ideas. Why in the hell would you want to make a GTI faster than a ZO6? If you want something that fast get a faster car... if money isn't an object then buy a faster car...

The GTI is a fast car. It's a nice car. But it's definitely no Vette.

I'd really like it if this was locked.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
kryptonkid07 said:
I don't know what IBTL is, but I think this is a stupid thread, filled with stupid ideas. Why in the hell would you want to make a GTI faster than a ZO6? If you want something that fast get a faster car... if money isn't an object then buy a faster car...

The GTI is a fast car. It's a nice car. But it's definitely no Vette.

I'd really like it if this was locked.
IBTL stands for in before the lock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts