Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

got some new wheels!!

5K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  CharlieGTI07 
#1 ·
Just picked them up today. same size as factory 18 x 7.5 with 225/40ZR18 Kuhmos.

#10 ·
Well, as long as we're shooting out opinions...

-I don't care for the stripe... but it's okay.
-The rims are a bit, eccentric...

Those things I can live with. It makes your car unique and stand out. the things I cannot stand, that maybe would look fine if it weren't for the stripe and the rim are the fast stickers and the decals on the window and side skirt. Again maybe if the stripe or rims weren't there those things would look fine.. but to me... meh... i don't dig it.

What I like:

#12 ·
I think we all like modified cars Charlie - i think what the guys are saying is that your particular form of modification isnt to their liking, the way you modified is certainly not the only way to do it, those who spoke up appreciate and respect your idea of modification but wouldnt necessarily do that to their own cars.

Its all good ... as for me, i think if your gonna go F & F with the adhesive vinyl striping, you should go all the way, get a body kit and go nuts with the graphics... to me it looks "half done " like you started striping it, then went in and took a nap halfway through.

The rims remind me of 1980's 5 stars with a new age twist, i saw so many of those things on cars in the 80's i got sick of them... i think if you removed the stickers and kept the rims, that car would come alive.

BTW... after awhile when you remove the stickers, you will have a bright white spot underneath as the rest of the cars paint will have faded, something to consider for resale.

good luck :)

#20 ·
thanks for your generous opinions and tips. I realize my car isn't to everyone's liking but the only thing that matters is that I like it. It is my own and it reflects what I enjoy. I'm sorry if some of you do not like my personal modification style but you don't HAVE to...you're not the one driving it. Anyway, for those of you who liked my car, thank you for the praise.

#21 ·
Hmmm you did post pics of your ride in a public forum for all to see, i think its fair that you take the good witht he bad, nobody really said anything that bad they just mostly said it wasnt for them which you reiterated.

Good for you that you love your car, we love ours too - we just love ours differently.

#26 ·
CharlieGTI07,
Some of the people here are not nice. I think the car looks fine.
Wheels are always a matter of taste.
If you decide to loose the stripe in the future I donÂ’t think it complements the lines of the car but again your taste is what matters with your car.
I have to say that I do like the MyFast. Where did you find that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.