Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I'm looking for any fellow Canadians here to suggest any decent websites to order OEM or aftermarket parts for my MKV. I shopped ECS for weeks putting together a decent order until I saw they wanted crazy shipping charges. They wanted 35 bucks CDN to ship a GTI rear badge that cost 20 FFS. It seems like every time I find decent parts that I want to order for my car, I'm shocked to see shipping charges on relatively small/light parts. Does anyone know of any websites that offer a decent selection of parts that can be shipped either for free (not likely) to Canada, or at a price that doesn't make me want to break my monitor?

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Basically I'm looking for any fellow Canadians here to suggest any decent websites to order OEM or aftermarket parts for my MKV. I shopped ECS for weeks putting together a decent order until I saw they wanted crazy shipping charges. They wanted 35 bucks CDN to ship a GTI rear badge that cost 20 FFS. It seems like every time I find decent parts that I want to order for my car, I'm shocked to see shipping charges on relatively small/light parts. Does anyone know of any websites that offer a decent selection of parts that can be shipped either for free (not likely) to Canada, or at a price that doesn't make me want to break my monitor?
Where are you? Canada is a big place

·
Registered
763 Posts
Im in Southern Ontario and get my stuff from local shops such as: Redline Motorsports, Euroline, H2 Sport, Pfaff Tuning. USA: manufacturer web-sites but 99% of the time it ends up being ECS Tuning because they have a reasonable shipment option and they are a big reliable company. Some guys set-up PO Boxes in Buffalo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should've specified that I'm in Nova Scotia. I would set up a PO boxbut from NS that'd be quite a drive. I was hoping there would be a site that offers free shipping to Canada but it's not looking to hopeful. I'd really like to order stuff from ECS it's just the fact that for where I am shipping charges are ridiculous.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Im sure there is SOMEONE selling aftermarket parts in Nova Scotia. Other that that, You will find it impossible to find any company that offers free shipping into Canada simply due to the fact that there are tonns of customs charges and tax fees involved every time an item crosses the border. Our country did everything it could to squeeze the last penny out of import fees. Some local shops here even charge You for shipping when You buy from them IN THEIR SHOP because they also have to order from the States. Its a big cluster**** of import duties.

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
Yeah, unless you find a local shop, like the guys mentioned above, you're kind of screwed.

I'm 10 min from the border and have PO box there, so I just get nailed with taxes and duty.

Redline is not bad, as are the other site, RPIEquipped is on the west coast, but they carry some stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts