Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my first longish freeway trip -- 160 miles round trip -- and I got a nice surprise from my MFD. I averaged 31 mpg on the trip! Wow. I can rip it up on the streets and still get over 20 mpg, and cruise sedately and get excellent gas mileage. I love this car!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know it's bad form to reply to your own post, but yesterday I had to return a 120" diagonal screen to Costco. I flipped down the rear seats, pushed up the passenger seat, and sure enough, the screen fit! The versatility of this little hot-rod is amazing ...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yessss. Is fun to drive a car thats FAST, sporte and economical if you take it easy. I don't and I still average 27 MPG. COOL! 8)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
mapssi said:
Yessss. Is fun to drive a car thats FAST, sporte and economical if you take it easy. I don't and I still average 27 MPG. COOL! 8)
:D I don't think I've ever got anything near 27MPG, but then again I haven't done a long road trip yet with the cruise control on.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Dragon said:
mapssi said:
:D I don't think I've ever got anything near 27MPG, but then again I haven't done a long road trip yet with the cruise control on.
Are you sure your 986 hp doesn't have something to do with it >:D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
uncle dude said:
Dragon said:
mapssi said:
Are you sure your 986 hp doesn't have something to do with it >:D
[fish] Just like the Veyron, I only have 12 minutes of fuel at WOT...

·
Registered
747 Posts
eats up your fuel = money and gets you tickets = more money... O0 O0
I had a close call with a state trooper this morning, 2 merging ramps onto the highway, I came on one flying at 80mph or so, and he got on on the other ramp, I saw him right in time, and slowed down to the Fword speed limit of 55 :mad:
Glad I saw him though I cant afford another ticket right now
but in 6 months my points all go away :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts