Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy days - we're off to Florida tomorrow for our holiday :), so obviously I'm gonna head straight for an American dealership to have a look at your left hand drive GTIs. Want to treat my fast to something, was thinking of the 30th edition gear knob, golf ball dimple type, it costs £130 over here so hoping it's a wee bit cheaper from a US dealership. Only 2 problems - are there any dealerships on or near International Drive and I wont get my daily fix of MFG for the 2 weeks we're away!

Give me a wave if you see me - I'll be the guy driving a rental (I know i prob wont be able to rent a GTI) GTI with a huge SMILE on my face!!
8) 8) 8)
CT

·
Registered
277 Posts
G864 TST said:
Happy days - we're off to Florida tomorrow for our holiday :), so obviously I'm gonna head straight for an American dealership to have a look at your left hand drive GTIs. Want to treat my fast to something, was thinking of the 30th edition gear knob, golf ball dimple type, it costs £130 over here so hoping it's a wee bit cheaper from a US dealership. Only 2 problems - are there any dealerships on or near International Drive and I wont get my daily fix of MFG for the 2 weeks we're away!

Give me a wave if you see me - I'll be the guy driving a rental (I know i prob wont be able to rent a GTI) GTI with a huge SMILE on my face!!
8) 8) 8)
CT
I have NO idea.......I'm not from FL

But have a blast on Holiday 8)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
The dealers don't always stock the parts, so you may want to call and in and order what you want in advance.
VW.com (US website) should be able to point you to the closest dealer.

BTW: Some rental car companies do have rabbits or Jettas (I think it's enterprise) rent one of those with a 2.5l n/a and that way you'll realize how much you love your GTI. >:D

Have a safe trip!

K

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fantastic holiday - 2 weeks just flew in, sorry for delay in posting this follow up!

Well I spent the whole 2 weeks "Fast spotting" only saw 1  red mkIV and didn't see any mkV's untill we went to Universal and much to my absolute delight there was this waiting for me, it was showing all the Helga adverts in the rear side windows and it looked fantastic, It honestly made my day finding it as it gave me a great chance to have a good look at a US GTI - couple of things I noticed, we have a wee VW symbol in our headlight but this car didn't, we don't have an amber reflector on our bumbers and it might have been my imagination but my standard GTI seems lower.

While visiting Typhoon Lagoon I spotted a beautiful 5 door black mkV, as I was admiring it the owner arrived back so we got speaking, he told me there weren't many mkV's and even less 4 doors in the area.  I mentioned this site and he knew about it so he was fine with me posting a pic of his car on it - sorry buddy I've forgotten your name but you were a nice guy so I hope you register here soon.

Soon as I got back I went for a nice long drive, man I missed my GTI

CT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.