My Fast GTi banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of you who helped me decide on which software/chipping to go with. 2STLTH is going in for the APR flash tomorrow morning. I was gonna wait for the GIAC but after hearing your opinion I think this is the way to go. Let me know otherwise but as of now I think its the most bang for the buck.

Again thanks for all those who helped me and I cant wait to feel the difference. Let me know your feelings on APR.. good or bad. Thanks

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ahhhhhhh!!! Don't get em started debating this again. You already purchased it. It's like getting married. Don't ask us to tell you about the other girls out there. Enjoy yours.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts
[fish] Great analogy!

2STLTH : A Dyno before and after would be O0 Any chances?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunny said:
Ahhhhhhh!!! Don't get em started debating this again. You already purchased it. It's like getting married. Don't ask us to tell you about the other girls out there. Enjoy yours.
Consider today the bachelor party. I go tomorrow morning Gunny for the tune and all I know about each chip/software is what I've read and heard from others here online or seen in articles on Euro Tuner. I'll enjoy my Fast's coming out party tomorrow when her cherry is popped. >:D She's never gonna be the same ;D

Cruzin.. They do dyno's too and I'll hook up before and after. The claim is 250 hp, 303 tq. Believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hooah!!! O0 A Marine and Air Force E7... sounds like a bang up party. Oh yeah, it was.. its called Okinawa. ;) Hope my Fast is ready for whats coming. Just too bad Im in Virginia. Might be time for a road trip.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
;D Dragon,

You got me rollin with that post. Revo I heard would turn my Fast not into a magnum but a hand grenade. Talk to me bro.. what say you????

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
VA2STLTH said:
;D Dragon,

You got me rollin with that post. Revo I heard would turn my Fast not into a magnum but a hand grenade. Talk to me bro.. what say you????
I sent you a PM- but between APR and REVO: It depends what your long term plans are (like a big turbo kit- go APR).

·
Registered
749 Posts
VA2STLTH said:
Hooah!!! O0 A Marine and Air Force E7... sounds like a bang up party.
Sounds like the setup for a good joke...

...A Marine GySgt and an Air Force MSgt walk into a bar...

...I can't remember the rest, but it had me rolling.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You forgot the part about "with a pig under his arm". I'm not an E-7. I use the tag, because I was an enlisted Marine, and always liked the ring of the rank. I left the marines after 4 years as an E-4 (20 years ago, yes I am freakin old), and received a commision from the Army in exchange for paying for for my Engineering Undergrad (books, tuition, room and board, and spending cash). Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah ok Gunny, thanks for clearing me up on that and yeah, that does sound like a good deal. I kinda like the term Gunny too but I like Chief better. Let ya know when i earn that one. Hey BlueFrog I heard that joke before and got the punch line for ya. It ends with the 2 Senior NCOs barking out to the wannabe.. DOWN AND GIMME 20 BOY!!! :mad:

Well the APR flash is done and all I can say is WOW!!!! They had another car on their dyno but hopefully soon I should have some numbers to put up. It really is a noticable boost in power and the tach doesnt register its really working hard at all. I may as well sign up for one of those VA 2K tickets right now because this tune feels really nice and I dont even have an intake yet. Just a K&N OEM replacement. This flash is a must have upgrade to the FAST! Trust me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whatsup Cruzin!!! You got it. Just check your next paycheck. ;) Better driving thru wireless download.. whodathunkit.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dragon said:
Don't go APR- I heard that it will blow up your _____(fill in the blank) . ;D
Apparently you heard stories!! [fish] I install the APR from day one and I don't have any problems. The only minor problem is that my stock fuel pump can't keep up when I pass 110-120mph sometimes. However, this is not problem. Just let go off the gas and it will kick in again in a few seconds. 8)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Apparently you heard stories!! [fish] I install the APR from day one and I don't have any problems. The only minor problem is that my stock fuel pump can't keep up when I pass 110-120mph sometimes. However, this is not problem. Just let go off the gas and it will kick in again in a few seconds. 8)
[/quote]

Thanks. I like the APR flash. 8)

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
mapssi said:
Dragon said:
Don't go APR- I heard that it will blow up your _____(fill in the blank) . ;D
Stories!?! Never :p. The stories apply to any of the software vendors. ;)

I had a similar fuel cut out issue w/ Revo Stage II, which was fixed by changing a few settings, and is stable in triple digits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts