Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
woo HEAT!!! ahaha... yeah dirk didnt play well i donno if you can say he is a super star but yet again how many 7 footers can shoot like him? he is a jump shot player and miami played close defensive on him and never really gave him an open shot thats why he didnt play too well... but one person you possibly could call a super star now is terry he was playin like wade!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah - Terry is genius, but he's not Wade-level. That guy's simply incredible. Terry's a free agent at the end of the season. I'm wondering if Cuban will dole out the cash to keep him. A 7 ft jump shooter is unique, but it goes counter to everything Avery has been trying to teach these guys. A jump-shooting team that's afraid of punishment will never win a Finals. Period. After your first, I don't know, 10 shots don't fall, perhaps it's time to crash the net and attempt to at least capitalize on FT %.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Heck yeah man, we signed Terry the first day he became a free agent.

Mavs have a little more refining to do, but we're still in it.
There's always next year...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't know if you listen to The Ticket, but Junior Miller had a pretty good insight on what may be part of the problem for the Mavs - trying to run an offense through a 7-footer who doesn't play like a 7-footer. Like Robinson or Garnett, these guys are odd freaks, but you don't have either a play-making guard (because they don't move like that) or a true low post guy (remember, Robinson was only effective when teamed up with Duncan - a true center).

·
Registered
556 Posts
Haha, do I listen to The Ticket?

My stepmom is a sales rep. for them, and my dad used to be the general sales manager there.

I've met all those guys, they're funnier than hell.

But yeah, Dirk needs to drive it to the hoop more than he does.

·
Registered
346 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
Haha, do I listen to The Ticket?

My stepmom is a sales rep. for them, and my dad used to be the general sales manager there.

I've met all those guys, they're funnier than hell.

But yeah, Dirk needs to drive it to the hoop more than he does.
P1 here, minus Bob and Dan - Bob whips me to no end, and hockey is meaningless in my life.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.