Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 gli. Im having problems finding info on it. theres not too many threads on this site.. any help?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Those things are real rarities. I just saw one on the road the other day and came to the realization that I haven't seen one of those on the road for a while, yet I see so many other GTIs (even MkVIs).

Congrats on the purchase. It's a great car, looks way better than a regular Jetta, and is apprenty quite rare.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thanks for the info. i want to get some shocks/springs it feels like the car has a bit of body roll when taking tight corners. i have 18's from the factory that fill up the wheel wells pretty tight but i think i could still lower it an inch maybe. any good aftermarket brands i should look at? i looked at neuspeed but i think theyre kind of high on there prices. Im very familiar with air cooled vw's but this is my first new vw.

·
Registered
162 Posts
which color did you get? i havent seen many around at all but my friend has an 07 and it is just a really nice car but if you want more info try caranddriver.com i'm sure they have something

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
well thanks for the info. i want to get some shocks/springs it feels like the car has a bit of body roll when taking tight corners. i have 18's from the factory that fill up the wheel wells pretty tight but i think i could still lower it an inch maybe. any good aftermarket brands i should look at? i looked at neuspeed but i think theyre kind of high on there prices. Im very familiar with air cooled vw's but this is my first new vw.
if its body roll get strut bars and thicker aftermarket sway bars

and for springs/coilovers some good brands are FK, Bilstien, koni, H&R but these get very pricey for coilovers 800-1700$ but lowering springs are like 200-300$

or you can get the cheaper coils which are raceland and Vmaxx.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Those things are real rarities. I just saw one on the road the other day and came to the realization that I haven't seen one of those on the road for a while, yet I see so many other GTIs (even MkVIs).

Congrats on the purchase. It's a great car, looks way better than a regular Jetta, and is apprenty quite rare.
ive seen quite a few gli's
more than any mk6
most mk6's ive seen are jetta wagons and a few gti's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts