Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've ALWAYS been told as a kid that I'd look good in a Golf. Could never afford one until now, so I said F*ck it and made it a GTi.

LOOOOVVVEEE it, everything about it in every way. However, I'm not very knowledgeable about them, or cars in general. I have some basic knowledge, but not too much else. What's a good place to start learning, and what's a good place to start as far as upgrades?

I've done most of what I want to do to it cosmetically minus a few deets, but I'd like to start upgrading under the hood and such. I'm guessing I need to make the car breathe better before Anything else? Thanks guys![cheers]

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I think you can gain a lot of knowledge from forums and chatting with other owners locally. Not sure you saw in the other thread, but there's a Houston meet the first Friday of every month. There is one this Friday at 7:30. It's at Southwell's:

1909 Taylor St
Houston, TX 77007

Bundle up, it's going to be chilly!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
What she said ^, most of the knowledge I know comes from being on this forum and VWvortex, and chatting it up with the local car groups. If you want to know more about your car specifically, look into the MKV stickies... there is some good info on there.

and welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
5,927 Posts
What she said ^, most of the knowledge I know comes from being on this forum and VWvortex, and chatting it up with the local car groups. If you want to know more about your car specifically, look into the MKV stickies... there is some good info on there.

and welcome to the site!
I am a big Mkv Gti guy. I do not know it all but I know a damn good bit. If you have a question just ask it. Most of us even us moderators learn the hard way buy not asking the right question, not telling all information and not searching. Search is almost your best friend. Not bashing you but just saying if you own a new to you MKV Gti now then the question has already been answered. If you are having questions ask. Please because you might post us something that none of us have heard about.

Create a build thread to track all your progress of your car.

Welcome to the site.

Sent from my free iPad mini

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,119 Posts
Welcome to the site

As fastgti mentioned above, (almost) everything about the mkv GTI has been discussed here or on other forums. My advice is just just scan through the forum threads and read, read, read.

As far as upgrades? Well, depends what you want, three basic schools of through out there: make it fast, make it pretty, make it both. Figure out what you want to do and we can help you, but like we've said, it's probably already on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.