Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I JUST ORDERED A BUNCH OF STUFF FOR MY CAR. I ALREADY HAVE A GIAC CHIP AND THE FORGE BOV. I JUST GOT BUT HAVE NOT INSTALLED KONI COILOVERS, EVOLUTION MOTORSPORT INTAKE, Y-PIPE DELETE KIT, NEUSPEED SHORT SHIFTER, GHL 3" DOWNPIPE. MY QUESTION IS 1) DO YOU THINK THE DOWPIPE WILL MAKE MY CAR LOUDER SINCE ITS JUST THE DOWNPIPE AND HAS THE STOCK MUFFLERS ON STILL. 2) DO YOU THINK GOIN FROM THE 3" GHL PIP BACK DOWN TO THE STOCK EXHAUST PIPING WILL MAKE ME LOSE ANY POWER? 3) HOW DOES THIS SET-UP SOUND?

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
First... :WELCOME6: to MFG. Please turn off the caps (unless you want to look like you are yelling).

The down pipe is not going to make it louder
2) I don't think you will loose power, nor do I think you will gain any.
3) I'd just get the full exhaust system

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
Ndftball300 said:
Ok. Does the set-up sound nice. I also have 19" rs4 wheels but I am not putting them on till after winter.
The setup should be fine, but like I said, I'd do the whole exhaust system at the same time, not just the downpipe. O0

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Do you have a reducer to take the 3" down to meet the stock pipe? The GHL downpipe eliminates the support that bolts to the front end subframe....that is where the downpipe ends...not a great place to put a weld if thats what you were planning.

BTW...I have GHL 3" TBE....hit me up if you have any install questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a reducer. Im good freinds with a head vw tech so he take care of everything for me. Thanks for the advice though.Ill let you know how it turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts