My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you out there have your GTI's tinted. I am looking to get mine done in the very near future. My fast is UG, so dark with a slight mirror sheen is hot. What percentage did you decide on? If you can post some pics as well, that will help me make my decision.

Thanks [help]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Another thing to consider is what your local laws are. Some places allow you to tint all windows except the windshield; others vary. I would recommend going to a shop and asking what the law is in your area.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I put on Llumar ceramic limo on the rear and 20% on the sides....I absolutely love it when ricers pull up trying to pick a race and get all frustrated because they can't see me! The CHP on the other hand...well.... lets just say I roll my windows down a lot! ;)

Also, it is pretty dark at night...if some poor fool ever walks across the street wearing all black he'll probably end up a grease spot. I would feel bad about that as it would probably hurt my girl... oh and the dead guy too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got a call back from the tint shop, and she said that on the UG GTI, 20% all around is the way to go. So, I may go 20% all around, and 30% on the driver window. Just so I can see the schlep who decides to wear black at night.

And its going to cost around $160/180 - that seems reasonable. They offer lifetime guarentee against discoloring, tearing and whatever else. They did my Lancer 2 years ago, and it is still as good looking today as it was when I first got it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just dropped it off. they got me to agree to a higher, shinier tint for a bit more. its called marquis tint... has a sheen to it, reflects way better than the others and looks great. got 38% on the doors, 20% rear seat and back window. $220 with tax and all.

now i have to convince the wife that it was worth the extra $70. ;D

·
Registered
342 Posts
johnnygti said:
just dropped it off. they got me to agree to a higher, shinier tint for a bit more. its called marquis tint... has a sheen to it, reflects way better than the others and looks great. got 38% on the doors, 20% rear seat and back window. $220 with tax and all.

One of the advantages of not having one of those . . . wife, that is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just got 3m colorstable tint done. 20% all around; i think thats the best. cost me 350, but well worth it:)...ill put up pics as soon as i get her washed

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
johnnygti said:

PICS DAMN IT!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i took some shots today of the tint job. my work PC wont allow me to load pics (security) so i will have to load them on when i get home tonight.
funny how during the day the 20% does not seem that dark. the reflective quality of the marquis looks great in the light, but with sunlight coming in the front window, i can see right into the car. huh :-\

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
i got 20% on the rear windows and trunk and 35% on the front.

before

after

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
lol...yea i was jus noticing that, the before pick was taken at night soo it looks darker.

hows this before

now....

·
Registered
530 Posts
^^^^^Better

1 - 20 of 69 Posts