Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have heard many different answers to this question, but does getting an ECU re programmer, such as one from APR, void the warranty in any way? also will getting a blowoff valve, diverter valve, or short ram void the warranty either?

PLEASE ANSWER!!!

[help]

·
Super Moderator
10,066 Posts
Search function is very usefull

Short answer:

If you have to ask then yes it does void the warranty.

If it causes something to break/malfuntion it won't be covered under warranty
Ditto Man ..... MOST But Not All Stealerships Will Find A Way To Push The Problem Onto Ur Mod Being What Is Causing The Problem .... Dosent Matter If U Only Have Aftermarket Wheels And A Catback , If Ur Turbo Fails They Will Blame The Wheels ...

Here U Go
http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/search.php

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Hey i have heard many different answers to this question, but does getting an ECU re programmer, such as one from APR, void the warranty in any way? also will getting a blowoff valve, diverter valve, or short ram void the warranty either?

PLEASE ANSWER!!!

[help]
anything thats not OEM will prolly void the warrenty for what it affects.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
The stealerships will want to claim warranty for you whenever possible, in order to charge VW the highest labor costs they can get away with, so generally they are on your side when making a warranty claim. VW might make the mods an issue though...

·
Registered
35 Posts
A chip will void the warranty, but the ones from apr are not detectable so long as you have it running on the stock ecu program when you take it in, or so apr says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts