Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone ....I have a messed up situation. I am going to Germany for two years in December. Volkswagen Credit will not allow me to take my car. I can't sell it or refinance it because I can't come up with the difference of what I owe and how much it's worth. I don't wan't to keep it here and store it because I figure it's just not worth paying on it for two years and I won't be driving it. What do you guys think? I was thinking about saying screw it and just turning the car back in and taking ahit on my credit. :'( :'( :'(

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
MSVDUB said:
Ok everyone ....I have a messed up situation. I am going to Germany for two years in December. Volkswagen Credit will not allow me to take my car. I can't sell it or refinance it because I can't come up with the difference of what I owe and how much it's worth. I don't wan't to keep it here and store it because I figure it's just not worth paying on it for two years and I won't be driving it. What do you guys think? I was thinking about saying screw it and just turning the car back in and taking ahit on my credit. :'( :'( :'(
Thats a bunch of BS... anyway of transferring the finance to a military friendly bank?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Don't take the hit on your credit....sell it fast, even at a small loss if you have too and find a way to pay the difference. A volutary surrender will chase you for a looooong time....you will definately regret it.

That sucks!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the thing is that if I sell it I would have to come up with 4 thousand to 5 thousand dollars to make up the difference. There is no way I could do that in three months.... :-\

·
Registered
573 Posts
I agree. Refinance with someone else (Your Military Branch Federal Credit Union is a good start). Have the military ship over for you and enjoy it for the two years there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Are you a USAA member? I was just passing through the site when I saw something about auto loans and thought of your post here...

"Unlike most banks, USAA will let you ship your car overseas when you PCS."

You can apply to refinance your loan. https://www.usaa.com/

It's a good company. I got my car price (pre-negotiated thru USAA) through them (financed through VW tho at the 0% interest).

good luck! O0

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
yes refinance through usaa that is who i am going through it is great i have my 2007 GTI in germany right now sitting in my guarage. got good coverage on it and at a good price i have been using them for the past 2 years and they are the best i have ever been with

1 - 9 of 9 Posts