My Fast GTi banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Revo software loaded last week, and have just taken my first long drive since having it done. The trip was about three hundred miles each way from East TN, to Lafayette IN. I have made the drive before, but at the end of the drive there this time, it seemed to me that had used more gas than normal. Since I reset my log at the beginning of the trip, the average miles per gallon would be just from the trip, and for the drive there worked out to be 26.7. Wanting to save some cash on the way home, I went back to stock, and reset the log again. At the end of the trip home, average mile per gallon was 27.3!!! Not worth driving stock.

How do modifications that you have had done compare?

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's all you get even stock? Damn, that sucks. I'd shoot myself if I got that kind of mileage. On a long highway trip I always get around 31-32 mpg. How do you fair so poorly? Constant throttle feathering? No cruise control? What speed are you driving?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run about between 85 and a 100. There are spots that I need to slow down where you know there might be a cop, or you can't see around the corner. I paid for it this past trip though. Clocked at 92 outside of Indy. I don't think IN will report to TN or to Insurance, so I'll pay the fine, and move on (at a 100 as normal). I never use cruise control.

·
Registered
749 Posts
When I lived in town, I got between 30 and 34 MPG stock and averaging 65-ish MPH. Any faster than that and I could see my MPG go down the tube in a heap hurry fast. I'd be happy with 27 MPG when bouncing from 85 to 100.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
BlueFrogPosse said:
When I lived in town, I got between 30 and 34 MPG stock and averaging 65-ish MPH. Any faster than that and I could see my MPG go down the tube in a heap hurry fast. I'd be happy with 27 MPG when bouncing from 85 to 100.
I wish I could get 27 at 85 to 100. :D Low-low 20's for me, but I'm sure if had better throttle control it would be better. I still haven't done a road trip yet.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I helps that 95% of all my driving is highway. I feel better now that you say that though. I was remembering 30...? Is that possible? May be my speed has gone up since those days. Either way, flash to no flash was closer than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i think the best gas milage for the gti is around 65 i think, cruising. but thats no fun. h ave mine chipped intake and full exchuast, its killing me with gas. lost about 30 miles per tank

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GTiJorgeGTi said:
i think the best gas milage for the gti is around 65 i think, cruising. but thats no fun. h ave mine chipped intake and full exchuast, its killing me with gas. lost about 30 miles per tank
What is your mileage with that set up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.