Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

FYI: Software recall/update for 07's

6K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  imported_GTIERDone 
#1 ·
I just dropped my car off for its 5k mile service and it had a computer recall that they updated.

My invoice states:

OY Recall
ECM Software level update

No big deal, just wanted to let others know in case their service department misses it.

#17 ·
I just picked up my Fast from getting the oil changed and I asked the service manager about this and he didnt know anything about it. Do you guys have a link to the TSB about this? I cant find it anywhere on the net. I would like to get this done just in case it develops to something else...

#21 ·
The hesitation you're feeling, is it when you almost floor it? or just a regular run of the mill take off? What year is your car? I had hesitation problems too, but this was when I almost floored it. I also had problems with my LC, and when I got that fixed it also fixed the hesitation.

#22 ·
I have a stick and have noticed that if I try to take off quickly it takes the rpms so long to shoot up after I hit the gas that sometimes I stall. I have owned stick shifts for the last 7 years and have never had this problem. Is this what you are all talking about. Does anyone else notice this or do you all have DSG? I would love it if all it was was a simple ECU glitch.

#26 ·
i am getting a new gti next week well i should say picking it up should i have the ECU checked out to see if it nees to be updated the car is new no owner and it is an 07

jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.