Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped my car off for its 5k mile service and it had a computer recall that they updated.

My invoice states:

OY Recall
ECM Software level update

No big deal, just wanted to let others know in case their service department misses it.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Do you know if it had anything to do with launch control? I posted something in another thread about how my launch control isn't working... I'm sad... I think I need to take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They didn't say what it was exactly for other than a general software update. They are really hard to get straight answers out of, so I just left it at that. You should probably just take it in. :-\

·
Registered
108 Posts
Something to do with a bug in the software that made the car stutter at lower rpms when launching hard. Thats what the tech told me. Im getting it done this week.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Wow... how did my Karma get to -22? Is someone systematically smiting me once a day or whenever the karma thingy resets? Just a warning to others, I can give anyone a -30 karma in one sitting!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Haha! I just saw that UnitedgrayGTI's karma was a -94, so I thought what the hey, let's make it an even 100.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This Karma system is ridiculous if you ask me, somehow I have ended up on the negative side of the spectrum. :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just picked up my Fast from getting the oil changed and I asked the service manager about this and he didnt know anything about it. Do you guys have a link to the TSB about this? I cant find it anywhere on the net. I would like to get this done just in case it develops to something else...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go to the service department with your vin and tell them to print out the recall for you. Mine did and it was for stuttering at take off. I can press no gas now and the thing is so smooth on takeoffs i recommend it. Not all gtis need it so have your vin ready.

·
Registered
263 Posts
mines like butter. the engine is just so smooth, my friends dont believe its a turbo 4, they think its a n/a 6.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine was insane hesitation at take off i thought it was the way the car was or i was just use to a sports clutch in my RWD 240sx. I guess it wasnt me it was the car. but now the car seems to not boost ( as said in another thread) its going in next week. ehh

1 - 20 of 34 Posts