Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Re: 2010 MKVI

It's too bubble shaped to be a GTI. They need to create more of an angle where the hood intersects the windshield.

Also, I don't like what they're doing to the headlights, making them Eos/Passat shaped. I like the ones they have now on the Golf/Jetta/GTI.

·
Premium Octane
1,289 Posts

Yea I am not all that impressed. After such a radical redesign with the MKV, this seems alittle forced. If its not broke.........

·
Registered
342 Posts

I don't think it looks bad; I like it, except it needs the honeycomb grille.

·
Registered
635 Posts

the one above looks like a dumbed down audi...the light housing looks ridiculous to me its like half normal half halo eyes..looks all buggy

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Its almost like they said "Hanz, what kind of tail lamps you got over there? Passat? Stick em on".

I really like the back view on Scothand's email above, those creases are nice.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Uncle Dude, no kidding !!!! It's a limited production run series! I can see it now. They'll call it "The 2010 MK VI....Spareparts Edition"

·
Registered
857 Posts

I wouldn't say it's fake, there is a possibility that VW released these way before they came out with the MKV though. I don't trust any sketches until I see them on the manufacturers website.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Yeah, I have no idea of the legitimacy of any of the images I posted above. I just like posts with pictures.

And therefore... two other cars supposedly in production for 2010:

GM Volt (all electric)

Audi A1

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

Mr. Spool said:
Uncle Dude, no kidding !!!! It's a limited production run series! I can see it now. They'll call it "The 2010 MK VI....Spareparts Edition"
haha nice.
yeah i dont like the back too much... nor the front... its like a R32 front bumper with polo lights.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

The A1 looks weird. Does Audi still make the A2 in Europe?

Does anyone ever wonder what specific car models will look like in 10 years? I mean could anyone in 1997 have predicted what the Golf and Jetta would look like 10 years later?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thalo said:

Does anyone ever wonder what specific car models will look like in 10 years? I mean could anyone in 1997 have predicted what the Golf and Jetta would look like 10 years later?
I wonder. Since you are a moderator Thalo can you change the name of this thread to Future Car Design? That might be a better all round thread.

·
Registered
952 Posts

uncle dude said:
Thalo said:

I wonder. Since you are a moderator Thalo can you change the name of this thread to Future Car Design? That might be a better all round thread.
Good Call! [clap]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts