Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as well all know some of us have been having troubles with advanced ECU issues and fuel pumps going out due to stress well I was looking around and found this...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?&id=3343720&postid=40217896

as well as some of this

APR 2.0T FSI Fuel Pump

After many long hours of testing, APRÂ's Engineering Team has developed the final solution to FSI fueling. Even unmodified FSI engines can experience a temporary loss of fuel pressure due to inefficient delivery by the OEM FSI fuel pump. The APR 2.0T FSI Fuel Pump was designed to ensure consistent fuel pressure delivery and will support up to 520hp. The APR 2.0T FSI Fuel Pump requires engine management recalibration to allow for the increased size of the APR Fuel Pump to ensure flawless drivability and is included with your purchase. APR Stage 2 and Ko4 Turbocharger clients will be able to take advantage of increased horsepower and torque up to 25hp and 35lb ft with APR Fuel Pump specific engine management recalibrations.

Pricing is $1099 but as an introductory offer for Waterfest 13 you will save an additional 10% and pricing is $989!

Inventory of APR FSI Pumps is in stock and awaiting final assembly and quality inspection. Order now for the special pricing and you will receive one of the first pumps no later than August 24th.

To place your order, please contact your APR Distribution Network found here http://www.goapr.com/VW/dealer/locator.php or order at the APR Online Store http://www.goapr.com/ or call 800-680-7921

on the other i couldnt find any info so if I find out anything else or if anyone else does we can put it here

also once someone helps me with my pic posting problems I can post a pic of the APR fuel pump

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
Isn't $1K a lil steep for a fuel pump? ???
That's what I'm thinkin'....it's nuts!! I'll just give my passengers some straws and tell 'em to start suckin'!!

(I really just wanted to put "nut's" and "start suckin' " in the same sentence and have it come off as clean.) >:D

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
A high pressure Walbro fuel pump goes for $105-150

I'd understand if it's injectors, lines, rails and pump for 1K...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Dragon said:
A high pressure Walbro fuel pump goes for $105-150

I'd understand if it's injectors, lines, rails and pump for 1K...
It must be new injectors as well, the stockers couldn't handle/utilize upgraded pressure. Would be cool if it included rails too. :eek:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yes it can work on a stock 2.0t engine. But if you want the 25whp and 30 tq you will have to get the stage 2 chip including the tbe.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You would have to get a re-map otherwise the pump would be jamming so much fuel into the engine with the intake still drawing stock air it would be squirting unburned fluid out of the exhaust. ;D

I wonder if you have to upgrade the seals on the motor to accommodate the upgraded intake and fuel pressure? The FSI already runs at pretty high compression. If anyone has the technical specs on the kit I would love to see them.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
bump~ i'd like to know this..

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
1. thats not the right pump. you need the high pressure pump that attaches to the head of the motor. that is an in tank. 2. thats for a mk4. you have a mk5.

·
Registered
59 Posts
1. thats not the right pump. you need the high pressure pump that attaches to the head of the motor. that is an in tank. 2. thats for a mk4. you have a mk5.
it was under mkv I didn't check that, but alright it didn't look like it. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts