Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not going to worry about it anymore...I got a German car for performance first, looks second and reliability third. Japanese and American cars look and handle like sh-- for the most part. Who cares if a Honda gets you from point a to point b w/o breaking down for 10 years? If it doesn't hug the road like it's on rails, have doors that feel like their lined with lead, and makes an exhaust note that only a man can appreciate then fu-- em! The GTI performs...it's the most responsive car I've driven...and I've owned a BMW 330i fully loaded with Dinan sh--, a z4 3.0si, and a 335i twin turbo.

It really doesn't need anything except when my Mr. Hyde takes over and reminds me that 19 inch rims, front brakes with more bite and APR tuning are in my cars near future. I hope I'm not bogged down with problems in my new GTI but what else is there particulary for somone who doesn't like manuals? The DSG is the sh--!!!!! What else can I get in the sub 30K market that competes with this beast? Oh well...looking forward to the rollar coaster ride...next car...R32.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Kinda sorta on topic...... but mosty off...oh well!

The MKIV R32 is an icon. It screams: "I am top of the line.".....not to mention screams on the road too.

I don't wan't to bash the MKV R32 because it is an awesome car but....I just can't justify it over a MKV GTI as it does not have a clean line that seperates it as something special or better.

I would totally buy a MKIV R32.....no hesitation what so ever, the MKV...not so much.

For now...I will just have to settle for putting some MKIV R32 seats in my MKV GTI. I freakin' love those seats and I got a decent deal. Now lets just hope they fit without too much modification. O0

Crap...that mod was supposed to be a surprise....oh well. ;D

Dragon...listen to your lady...she is wise beyond her years.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yeah, I agree...Love the MK V R32, but I still think as far as the evolution of the car the MK IV was a little more worthy of the name...just my 2c. I still love em though, that exhaust note...is...well....breathtaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.