Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, Myfastgti users, I am new here, but I have frequented this site to look up facts and information about my 1995 Gti. I have a terrible problem, though, and I am not sure of where to post this, so I shall leave it here;

Like I said above, I own a brilliant vehicle, the '95 Gti vr6. Sadly, though, I can no longer afford its upkeep, and I am being forced to sell it. I am quite attached to this car, and I really do not want to see it fall into the wrong hands, like someone with intent to part it out, or some other kids first vehicle (like a hypocrite, this is my first car.)

My Cv axle just recently broke, leaving me stranded, and this being my only source of transportation, without a vehicle. So my father agreed to fix it, If I would agree to sell it, and buy a cheaper car to work on, since I cannot afford German parts at the moment.

So I have turned to you, Gti enthusiasts, to beg you the question: Are you willing to buy a 1995 Volkswagen Gti vr6 with 71,000 miles on it. It has a few dings, and could use a paint job. The engine is perfect, and there is a new clutch. I replaced the water pump as soon as I got it, but now it needs an Aux pump. It leaks a little oil, but I will be fixing that too, in order to sell it. If any of you are interested, or pissed that I posted this here and it doesn't belong (because I have no idea where to post it) please let me know, and I will be happy to provide you with more info, or to move my inquiry. I live in Athens, Georgia, and I would probably end up trying to buy my car back from you one day, as I am really attached to it. I have even named it Loki, which is a really fitting name, mind you. I am interested in trades as well, and for you guys, I know this is a great opportunity for a project car, or a daily driver even. I am looking to get about 2800 obo, mostly because it only has 71k miles.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Moved and renamed for you. Only thing that you need is a price. O0

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Well per forums rules and to keep this thread around then you should put a general price that you are looking to get and then you can put OBO and discuss with the interested buyer about what they would want to spend. Then you can see the offers that people put out there. Also, I don't mean to detract from this site at all as it is my home but you may have better luck on vwvortex with selling it. O0

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
post pictures

it always helps when selling stuff

wish you where closer to me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, but it will be a while, I am not near it as I go to school in Athens, and my car is at my parents house about 50 miles away.
I think I can sell it fairly easily, it is just important I get it to a person who can bring it to its full potential, it sucks I can't but I just don't have the money.
Thanks for the tip though.

·
I'm Watching You
15,550 Posts
from what you wrote it seems like you have a bad axle and an oil leak

an axle is like $60 at autozone

and the leak can be a bad gasket which can be like $10

dont sound like and expensive fix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.