Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys & Gals

This is my first post, i hope i posted in the right place.
I own a 2007 Mkv GTi Fsi and ive recently done a DIY replacement of the front passenger side wheel bearing.
I got the part from GermanAutoParts.com. By all accounts it was a success.

Although now i have an intermittent squeak while reversing at low speed from the same wheel, i also have a noise coming from the same wheel when driving at speeds ranging from 10mph-60mph, it sounds like the rotor shield but its not, its like a rubbing sound.

Any ideas? has anyone replaced their own front wheel bearing before?
Maybe a faulty part?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
Luke

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey Guys & Gals

This is my first post, i hope i posted in the right place.
I own a 2007 Mkv GTi Fsi and ive recently done a DIY replacement of the front passenger side wheel bearing.
I got the part from GermanAutoParts.com. By all accounts it was a success.

Although now i have an intermittent squeak while reversing at low speed from the same wheel, i also have a noise coming from the same wheel when driving at speeds ranging from 10mph-60mph, it sounds like the rotor shield but its not, its like a rubbing sound.

Any ideas? has anyone replaced their own front wheel bearing before?
Maybe a faulty part?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
Luke
The only things I can think of is to make sure there is plenty of grease on the wheel bearing. It could be squeaking because its too dry

·
Registered
25 Posts
You auto or manual? I've got the 6sm and it does some squeaking/whirring on cold reverse take off. Poor driving skills is all I can think on my part. If I take of slowly with cold clutch it whirs, but if I release the clutch hard, no noise. And is the reverse noise and the forward 10-50 noise the same?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.