Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Use Google Search!!!!
8,222 Posts
Huh???No inspection in Fl?? damn I didn't even know that and I been livin in jacksonville for about 2 months..??

·
Registered
13 Posts
we have inspection but noone really checks for anything. we dont have emissions laws in san antonio...yet. i know dallas is turning into california

·
Registered
181 Posts
we can get away with every thing in kansas, don't have to worry about noise becuse of all the straight pipe trucks and harleys, and you only get inspected when u buy ur car if its from annother state and all they check is vin numbers. from what i hear cali sucks if u wanna go fast

·
Registered
6 Posts
In NY you have to get inspected and need to have your front plate mounted. I was sad to see it mounted...kinda ruins the way the front end looks, if you ask me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Southern California has been cracking down on the front license plate situation. My pops got a ticket when he was parked right in front of the house!! A lot of it has to do with the red light cameras that are popping up everywhere...booooo. There are still a whole bunch of cars rolling around without front plates...but I won't risk it when I get my plates.

My fast looks good front plate or not. Heck, put a plate of spam and eggs on top of my baby and shes still one sexy mofo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
california has the worst laws ever!!! not tint in front windows!!!...you cant modified ur exhaust...well lots of them but those two bug me the most!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yup!! same in TN, nothing!! hahahaah....My cat ran out into the road and got wrecked by a tractor trailer. Poor kitty....

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Yup no inspection in fl. my friend has an MX-6 with straight pipes(piping courtesy from my f150) and it's loud as s**t also decided no power steering or abs, for extra hp at risk of safety, but you gotta do what you gotta do

·
Registered
61 Posts
yea i used to live in miami, never even heard of an inspection. had 5% tints on my front windows, back windows marked 1%, came to houston and had to peel those off and stay w/ 15%

but since the car is new i dont need an inspection for 2 years =] so 5% it is

·
Registered
99 Posts
Georgia doesnt give a poo either, no inspections or emmision regulations. Cops may pull you over for tint if they have nothing better to do though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea i used to live in miami, never even heard of an inspection. had 5% tints on my front windows, back windows marked 1%, came to houston and had to peel those off and stay w/ 15%

but since the car is new i dont need an inspection for 2 years =] so 5% it is
Better watch out, my dad told me he's heard of state troopers making you peel it off on the side of the road if it's too dark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here in Ohio it sucks too, e-check and inspection every 2 years and front plates ... I just can't get it in me to put the front plates on my GTi or the wifes Jetta. I told her that if she gets pulled over to just tell the cop we have to get a bracket from the dealer and we are waiting on it. Here the cops suck like everywhere else, cause well it seems that they have nothing better to do ever than pull people over. I have lost my license 3 times and now my insurance company consideres me high risk. I have a heavy foot, but I have been driving since I was 9, cousins and uncles drag race so natrually I had to learn to drive. I have been too a few advanced driving and racing schools. I know I am not the best driver, but I think we should be able to do a advanced test and get a special license to drive faster than everyone else. Well I guess I just have to wait for the track to open.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow. Im glad i live in miami. I hope it's the same in all of floridia. Gonna be moving to tampa or orlando soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts