My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll...

I wanted to give you a heads up that I just got a $97 Fix-it ticket from Beaverton's Finest for not having my front plate mounted...it was displayed on the dash/front window but not good enough.

This still will not slow me down though... ;D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went ahead and screwed mine into the front bumper. I don't want to give the PD any ammo. My windows are too dark as is, but I don't think they worry about that too much.

·
Registered
46 Posts
clavos said:
I went ahead and screwed mine into the front bumper. I don't want to give the PD any ammo. My windows are too dark as is, but I don't think they worry about that too much.
In the front bumper as in where its originally supposed to go?

#dp

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I passed on drilling any holes and ended up using 4 black zip ties and mounted mine to the grill work below the normal mounting spot...it looks ok.

rr

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ugh that sucks man I hate the way mine looks with the front plate
o well Ill wait untill they tell me to do it before I put mine on

·
Registered
857 Posts
before the crash i made a post about the fact that here in texas we don't need front plates, its awesome bc theres a lot of people that put european plates on the front bumper with stuff on it, today in my rear view i saw an M3 that said MOVE OVER, it was backwards though so you could only read it in the mirror, pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My dealership drilled a plastic license plate holder on the front so it looks like shit. I wish i didnt need a front license plate in PA you only need a back why is that?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Are you asking why we don't need one or why you need one?

I think fronts are pretty pointless... I mean a cop gets your license plate as he's following you, not by looking in his rearview. Witnesses get your license plate as you're leaving the scene of a crime, not approaching it. Photo radar gets your license plate after you pass them real fast.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ohio requires them but I haven't had one on my Jeep for the past six years and I told the dealership not to drill the holes for the front bracket on my GTI I'm picking up this week. ;D

So I'm taking my chances with it again.

I do agree they are pointless to have. Just something else reflective on the front of the cars for them to bounce their radar off of.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i didnt have one on my rx8, i got pulled over 2 times here in nj, the first time i told the cop it fell off, and i got a ticket...the second time i told the cop it looked stupid, so he laughed and gave me a warning

·
Registered
128 Posts
its hard to say because the rx8 had no low end torque. i think probably the 8, but i couldnt say for sure, according to R&T the GTI is faster. The 8 handled like nothing else i have ever seen, but all and all i think it is a real toss up

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
cool i was going to get an 8 but it was a 4 door so i back down from it. Then the MkV came out and that was my love. I waited for ever for it to come to the market. It paid off i can say that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i don't have a front plate of holes for them either......my bro crashed my car so i have a new bumper w/o any holes......it looks sleek

·
Registered
91 Posts
youpey said:
i didnt have one on my rx8, i got pulled over 2 times here in nj, the first time i told the cop it fell off, and i got a ticket...the second time i told the cop it looked stupid, so he laughed and gave me a warning
haha...for once, honesty works out!

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
"My license plate fell off" that's like saying "my seatbelt musta slipped off" or "my foot fell asleep on the gas pedal".

·
Registered
398 Posts
I got a "heads up" today about not having mine on from a guy at the State Highway Patrol examiners office. Even the lady that came out to inspect my car didn't notice it.

I was told "You know you can get a ticket for not having a front plate displayed" I said yes I know - I don't have the bracket on, need to have the dealer install it......

There won't be holes drilled in this FAST.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts