My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the space next to the spare and I had two new wipers in there for the front windshield. Is this just a fluke or something that VW is doing in the GTI's. Why can't they just pack my fast in the back too? I'm still waiting on it. But then I've only had the car 10 days. >:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
The dealer should have swapped out the wipers for you before you got the car. The ones currently on there are only temporary for shipping is how it was explained to me. My dealer swapped them out if front of me before I left. The ones in the truck are much better as they are the "frameless" kind.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wipers in the trunk are identical to the ones currently installed. But maybe there is some difference...I'll have to inspect further. Hey at least you can say your dealer got the right wipers on...the rims a different story though.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The wipers in the trunk are the ones that are supposed to be on your car now. Im pretty sure and the ones you have on are just a temp before buying the car not 100%

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
If the ones he has are working fine, he might as well keep em until they wear out. Might also be possible that while doing PDI they just took a brand new set of wipers and put em on the car, instead of the ones in the trunk.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had this same issue. Thought I had a free set of wipers too. When I hit my first rainstorm I found the wipers on the car were terrible, they only wiped about 1/4 of each side of the window. I went to the dealer and complained and told them about the 'extra' wipers I found in the trunk. Just as someone else said already the wipers in the trunk are the ones that are suppose to be on the car permanently. The 'elcheapo' ones that came on it are only temporary while in shipping and should have been removed when the car was prepped by the dealer. Put the ones you found in your trunk on the car. They work ALOT better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts