Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any comments on the new Forge Intercooler that came out for the MkV.... was looking to buy it for my car and wanted to know if anyone else knows a lil more about it.. thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
where the hell is the stock intercooler..anyone have any pics...the forge lets you keep the stock intercooler and you have the forge..so two intercoolers...the eurojet removes the stock..correct? so can you have a forge and have the eurojet replace the stock lol this may sound ridiculous and if so ill try to clear it up in another post....lol

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
blackgti06 said:
I have the eurojet fmic on my car and i can only tell you good things about it. I have the stage 3 fmic.
I reeeeally want to see pics of the Eurojet FMIC. I think the only one's I have seen on this site so far were from Manricky and he runs the ABD?

·
Registered
261 Posts
blackgti06 said:
The stock intercooler is behind the radiator. I'll try to get some pics up.
It is actually behind the AC condenser and in front of the radiator... Its a nice warm intercooler sandwich...

I have the Forge Twintercooler and I love it..

·
Registered
606 Posts
The intercooler installation was easy once you got past the instructions that had no purpose being in there. The silicone hoses needed to have a few ends shaved a bit. This was the problem I ran into. I thought that I had cut the tube leading into the throttle body pipe too short, and I thought that I had tightened the hose clamp almost as much as it would go...but alas I was wrong. I was about 400 feet from my substation getting to work and I lost all boost pressure and the car was sputtering like a mad man with a lisp. I thought instantly about that hose because I knew it wasn't the diverter valve...The dv (even if it's toast) would not have thrown the EPC (electronic power control) light. Plus I have the Forge DV and that thing is sick! I tightened the tube again, this time as hard as I could get it. I turned on my ride...no improvement. I was so close to calling a tow truck to take it to the dealership, but I'm stubborn and I exhaust all my options before doing the extreme. I disconnected the MAF sensor and the sensor on the throttle pipe, then disconnected the battery for 5 minutes. I put the connectors back, and then connected the battery back up. Turned on the car, and everything was fine! I drove it home without further incident.

Check out my DIY post for "DIY - LED lights behind grille" to see pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts