Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a forge 007 diverter valve from a friend for 100$ usd along with a n75h frequency valve for 70$
Long story short i installed both today, i am completely stock only mod are the valves.
When i was driving and let off throttle i dont hear any noise exiting the valve
I was expecting to hear a pshhh woosh or flutter but nothing happens
My friend says to drill holes in my filter box or get a cold air intake in order to hear it better, also how would i see if the frequency valve is effective without a boost gauge, i did full throttle runs but didnt see that much of a difference
Any suggestions?

· Registered
578 Posts
If you want sound, go buy a filter at your local shop, pull out your air box, and attach it to the MAF. The stock air box is deisnged to be quite.

As far as seeing it be effective, unless you had problems with your DV, you're nto going to notice anything different.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want sound, go buy a filter at your local shop, pull out your air box, and attach it to the MAF. The stock air box is deisnged to be quite.

As far as seeing it be effective, unless you had problems with your DV, you're nto going to notice anything different.
id say save up for a cold air intake because i heard you lose power from short ram

· Registered
578 Posts
Short-Ram-Intake-Loss-in-Power-True-or-False

I think CAI are cool looking, but I don't thin you'll get the bang for you buck you may think you are. If it were me, I'd just buy a filter and save the rest for a tune. The tune is going to give you the most bang for your buck.

That being said, it's your car and mod it how you want O0

· Registered
1,893 Posts
id say save up for a cold air intake because i heard you lose power from short ram
short ram vs cold air makes pretty much no difference. If there is a 1 or 2 hp difference on the Dyno id be surprised

· That's how I Röhrl
3,119 Posts
Cold air intake doesn't really do much for turbo cars, the turbo gets so hot it will warm the air before it makes it to the engine anyway. Which is why we run intercoolers :)
the compression of the air is what makes it hot. 15-17 psi compression heats the air about 180F ! The volumetric flow through the turbo is pretty high, so the time for the air to absorb radiant and convective heat is very low.

intakes on turbos are about flow, not temperature. If intake air temperature was a huge deal, then there would be systems to cool it pre turbo, but a brief venture into physics tells you that the turbos compression will heat up the air and an cai willonly gain you like 5-10F difference whereas a kick-ass charge air cooling system is the best bang for the buck.

If you wanted more noise from the DV, get the forge spacer and a filter on a stick.

cai and ram intakes are mainly a naturally aspirated thing. The best set up would be to have the air intake dead center in the grille or even poking out of it: most air flow, coolest air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.