My Fast GTi banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VW dealership service department also sucks.

ps- is there some rule that you are not allowed to post in old threads? just curious...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your VW dealer service sucks. Makes me worried about buying a GTI. Is there anyone that can recommend a VW dealer in NYC area, or Long Island? It's how they treat you after the sale that counts.......

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Marcial said:
My VW dealership service department also sucks.

ps- is there some rule that you are not allowed to post in old threads? just curious...
If you have something relevant to add to an old thread that wasn't talked about already, feel free to post there. In fact, better to add a post to an existing thread than to start a new one. What annoys some of us is the jackasses who go through all the old threads thread by thread and post completely useless replies.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Speaking of service departments, I was wondering what everyone was paying for oil changes if you are getting them done at your VW dealer and if not are you doing it yourself or are you taking it to just one of the oil change places in your area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
fastgirl said:
Thalo said:
It's risky.
Why? How could they mess it up?
Stripped bolts, wrong oil, improper fill of oil.......

I've seen more mistakes made by JiffyLube, Pep Boys and other maintenance franchises to never (NEVER) let them even have a sniff of any car. To let them touch your GTI? Surely this would be a violation of some "myfastgti.com" rule.

FYI, my background is 15 years running 2 transmission shops. I have seen everything from forgetting to put gear lube in differential, putting a manual axle shaft into an automatic, to flat-out wrong diagnosis.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
fastgirl said:
Thalo said:
It's risky.
Why? How could they mess it up?
There's a major labor shortage where I live. Hard enough to get your order done right at McDonalds, I'm not gonna take any chances with semi-qualified technicians at a Jiffy lube or someplace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts