Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have for sale a 10" fiberglass (plus other reinforcing materials) sub enclosure and a full set of 18" Huffs (in europe they're called Detroits, in the U.S. they're called Huffensteins... go figure) that have tires on them, two tires have around 4000 miles and the other two have around 15000... they have some inside scalloping due to the fact they were on the rear of the car and I was travelling for work with even more weight on the back. I recently traded in my MKV GTI on a truck because I needed a truck for my new found career... I hate myself for trading in my car but hey you gotta do what you gotta do right?

anyways, the box was 248 shipped from California, www.extremevdub.com.... I really don't think it's available from this website anymore because I talked to Extreme Vdub directly and they even told me that it's a shop next door to theirs' that makes them, so they may not distribute them for them anymore, otherwise I would post the direct link to the box... it's premo to say the least and I never even touched it. I even bought a JL Audio W3v3 to throw in there because that was the recommended speaker for this particular box... but it mounts to the body with existing holes to the left cavity of the inside of the hatch on a MKV GTI, 2 door, 4door, R32, Rabbit, just a MKV hatchback and it is the most professionally built and well thought out box I've seen built for this car if you don't want to sacrifice storage space...

The wheels.... three are perfect, one is slightly warped and a little scuffed up on the outside, I will send pictures if you're interested in any of this stuff but I will package the whole thing and deliver to the D/FW or Houston area for $650.00... also with the wheels I will include all of the Lug bolts and beauty caps and what not and so on and so forth. to prove they're not stolen I will show proof of receipt of my aftermarket wheels before I put them on the car and after and all that other ****...

If you're interested let me know because they're just taking up space in my house now and Wife tells me to get rid of so I'm posting first on the forums to the true V-Dubbers. I will miss all the threads and wishing I had tiny hands like the guy in the burger king commercial when I was working on my car... :)

I also have a factory downpipe and cat still attached if I can relocate it I will make a deal with as well... German engineering that thing was just a work of art and I wish I could get it bronzed and mounted on the wall

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Pics of the sub box..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Will post pics when I get back home this weekend...

for the life of me I cannot find the pictures of this particular box anymore... but it used to be on extremevdub.com if anyone has been looking on that site the past couple months, it was the only thing listed under car audio on their website.

I'll post pics of all the goods when I get back home though

**UPDATE**

The Box is a custom made specifically for the MKV like I said in my original post...

It came from SRQ Custom Autosound in CA. xtremevdub.com was distributing the boxes for them, I am still yet to know the fate of this shop, I guess they just quit doing business with xtremevdub.

box in box.jpg box back.jpg boxsideview.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Paid 240 for the box take 175
i would be all about taking that off your hands! :) do you know the depth or airspace? i'm looking to get a type r in there and they can be kinda beefy magnets that some boxes don't allow to fit... 175 shipped?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would be all about taking that off your hands! :) do you know the depth or airspace? i'm looking to get a type r in there and they can be kinda beefy magnets that some boxes don't allow to fit... 175 shipped?
Yes I know the depth and the airspace, and it fits a JL audio W3.3 perfect! You could cram that Type R in there though with about a eighth to quarter inch spacer around the rim of the basket... which wouldn't be all that difficult to pull off really... 1/8th" MDF, tube of silicone, maybe some matching carpet to wrap around it, it'd work! but I put that JL in my truck with a ProDiscus 650 RMS amp and it's blowin the roof off the damn thing with about 2/3rds the recommended airspace :) custom sealed enclosure, so... yeah

If you're still interested you can contact me at [email protected], I can send pictures of a Type R sitting down in the box too, (I have an older one sitting in storage from an old previous system.)

oH and yes I think we can do 175 shipped, I'll get a shipping quote from UPS or FedEx or even USPS, whichever you'd prefer, I think UPS will be the easiest, I might have to go 185 since you're in PA. I'd have to let you know this weekend or early next week on that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts