My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to see what people wore when driving...sandles, shoes, boots, bare feet, socks...and if you are driving manual or automatic?

Personally, i tend to just wear flip-flops or go barefoot because I can't drive stick in heels ;D but shoes very rarely

·
Registered
573 Posts
I tend to wear clunky shoes, but not when I am driving. The spacing of the pedals does not make for clean shifting with big shoes. I like tennis shoes the best. I can't speak for the heels issue. Other than that, I just wear a smile.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Bcruzin said:
Skechers. Optimum for the heel toe downshift. ;D
Bcruzin.... what happened? You rolled along for the longest time without a smite. This to me is a sad day in GTI land. +1 to you to make you feel better, and +1 to Fastgirl because I love her. >:D

It would be nice to be able to see who gives you karma (good or bad) in here. Anyone second that? Or maybe it already is possible and I just don't know it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I looove driving in socks or barefoot just love the precision that you can get :) wear it all anyways wutever i happen to be wearing works but in the summer time and when u can no shoes rocks :)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Man, I can't imagine driving in heels, or barefoot (my feet would slip off the pedals or I'd hit the clutch at a weird angle and stub something).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you know it's illegal to drive barefoot in some states?

Gunny, thanks for the +! High heels aren't uncomfortable to drive in at all, once you get used to walking in them, then you can do anything in them!

·
Registered
573 Posts
How do you know it was him? Is it possible to look it up?

What about that cruise through the smokies? Could probably get a few takers from the area too. Late spring? Anyone reading this interested in setting up a poker run or something?

Did I hear you say you have a Vag Com? Was that you that sent me the question on Wilmington?

Sorry for so many questions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
fastgirl said:
Did you know it's illegal to drive barefoot in some states?

Gunny, thanks for the +! High heels aren't uncomfortable to drive in at all, once you get used to walking in them, then you can do anything in them!
I have to second that! High heels are the best things, however I cant seem to shift as fast as i'd like to or heel-toe it in high heels, hence the inability to wear while driving stick...that's why I drive barefoot if I'm wearing heels that day ;)

+1 for you because finally there's another girl on this site! hahaha

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't have my fast YET.. delivery delayed.. but I wear the most comfortable shoes in the world.. Airmax 360.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I wear Piloti driving/daily shoes, but that's just because a get a boat-load of them for free. They're cool to drive with, but walking on hot asphalt all day sucks...

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
greenjello31 said:
I have to second that! High heels are the best things, however I cant seem to shift as fast as i'd like to or heel-toe it in high heels, hence the inability to wear while driving stick...that's why I drive barefoot if I'm wearing heels that day ;)

+1 for you because finally there's another girl on this site! hahaha
+1 for you for knowing how to drive a stick!!!!!

10bv01 - Where can you get the Porsche driving shoes? That would be a great present for my bro!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts