Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Folding the seats down

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  uncle dude 
#1 ·
Does it bother anyone that the seats no longer fold flat in the rear? We have a big dog and his house is going to sit on an angle now, and it is harder to get the door open. I guess people were too lazy to flip the seat bottom up first, like the MK4.

#2 ·
Maybe extreme, but I had the same problem and no need for the bottom of the rear seats, so I removed them. Its just me and the g/f and our dog, so I said its time for a Rear Seat Removal DIY...(you'll break a sweat) if its just you and the dog and the sig other, its an option. cuz then they fold nice and flat

#4 ·
I found on my old Jetta, that even when I pulled the bottom of the seat out, the bench still didn't fold down flat. I really like the fact that I don't have to pull the bottom of the seat out first. If I'm loading stuff in the back of the car and need more room I just push the seat down and presto!

#5 ·
Thalo said:
I found on my old Jetta, that even when I pulled the bottom of the seat out, the bench still didn't fold down flat. I really like the fact that I don't have to pull the bottom of the seat out first. If I'm loading stuff in the back of the car and need more room I just push the seat down and presto!
On our existing golf (we are getting the GTI in summer) there is a bump on the floor after you fold everything down. It is a bit annoying but not as much as the angle. I found on the MKV if I pull the headrests out slightly the seats fold a bit more flat because the headrest doesn't hit the seat bottom. I can see the convenience of the quick fold - I guess a lot of people bitched about the MKiV's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.