Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving home for the vw dealer after getting all the electrial problems fixed i noticed a lack of power once on the highway i was redlining 1st gear at 15 mph and shifted to 2nd and lost all power and tons of white smoke comin from the exhaust...called roadside asst took an 1 hr as usual and had the car brough rite back to the dealer.any ideas of when it could be the dealer couldnt really look at it due to the work increase with all the recalls on the passat n jetta trunk

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Turbo failure, but with yours being an 05 idk how... Not positive, but a possible link...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was the turbo and oil leaked into the cats..but have the car chipped i had to bitch to the guy who sold it to me to cover the cost to fix

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
dealers usually can't tell when a vehicle has been chipped besides the fact it's obviously faster...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea still waiting for the turbo to come in been 2 weeks no car very sad no warranty everything out of my own pocket which suck but **** happens

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
for what you're paying the dealer to install your turbo you could easily just upgrade to a k04 turbo and do the install yourself...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.