Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change the yellow light from my foglights but dont want to change them just the bulbs where can i buy bulbs for the foglights on the MK5?

·
Registered
89 Posts
HID foglights??

hey all i just got my CW fast :)woww am i ever in love with it amazing... was just wondering if you can get the foglights in HID...??

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Re: HID foglights??

You mean actual HID Xenon foglights? What would be the point?

·
Registered
690 Posts

Thalo said:
You mean actual HID Xenon foglights? What would be the point?
Yeah, there's already a set of those on the car. They're about a foot up the bumper from the regular fog lights.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I changed my foglight bulbs to pure blue they look so cool now im getting my HID's blue dont like the white that much.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

The blue ones are cheap aftermarket ones. The light on the ones you have now is much better, much purer.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I dont like the yellow but the blue looks awesome not as bright. Also i getting blue hid's for and getting rid of the whitish yellow look.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

It's not whitish-yellow, it' just white, like pure sunlight.

I also have yet to use the foglights. I've even driven through some fog, but the regular lights are perfect and illuminate the road very well anyways. I guess I'll probably have to wait for a snowstorm or something.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Re: MKV headlight and foglight bulbs

Does anyone know the number for the fog lights? I think I read somewhere it's 9006, can someone verify or is it in the manual or something?

·
Registered
143 Posts

Dude, any brightness (reasonably) would work with your Gti. My recommendation is to go to an autoparts store, and ask to show someone your car.

A small, locally owned shop would be better than say Pep Boys, but see what you like.

Did you want it brighter, or another color? I myself like the yellow, and my just get a really bright-racing yellow to replace them at some point.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

I saw a really nice Black Magic with bright yellow fogs. Really nice. I'm looking for more of a bright white, possibly blue. But what I was talking about is the type of bulb, I mean I can't just go into a shop and get some light bulbs. Don't they have different kinds for different cars?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts

Alright... no one seemed to respond to this topic. But I was wondering what experience anyone has had, if any, with Hoen?

They have these Xenon matching foglights. By the by, the # or size for the foglight bulbs on the GTI is 9006.

http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm looking for some hardcore yellow lights to replace the stock fog lights in my GTI.

Something realllly rich in yellow, like they use in racing.

Any recommendations? Installation difficult?

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Re: Racing Yellow Fog Lights

I feel like I haven't had a meaningful post in a while, but I hope this helps. Their website looks legit, and their website is well put together.

http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog2.htm

Edit: At the top they have Xenon matching fog lights, then if you scroll down they have the yellow racing lights.

·
Registered
81 Posts
HID Fog Lights

I don't know if there's a related topic to this, but umm...

Is anyone planning to make their fog lights HID? because I want to.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts