Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new GTI, today, completely stock, and I absolutely love it. ;D

the only thing i got for it was the floor mats, but the mat for the drivers side doesn't exactly fit perfectly. did anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
All I got is stock floormats. I plan to wear em out good before getting new ones. Anyone know where I can get the fabric GTI ones with the red trim for a good price? My dealership is asking $200 for them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you're talking about the monster mats, yeah, I have the same problem. It's about a quarter inch too long on the driver's side. But they look bad ass, so I'm still using them.

·
Registered
690 Posts
schnell06 said:
ditto on the rubber monster mats being too long. i still love 'em though.
I need to get one of those for my trunk. I cracked a bottle of beer the other day on my way home from the store because the case kept sliding around back there. Annoying.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the gorilla trunk liner is actually that plastic/carpet type material. It's not rubber, but rather a carpet that won't stain or absorb any liquids. I've seen it as a bedliner in pickups that have shells.

·
Registered
89 Posts
DrJones said:
schnell06 said:
ditto on the rubber monster mats being too long. i still love 'em though.
I need to get one of those for my trunk. I cracked a bottle of beer the other day on my way home from the store because the case kept sliding around back there. Annoying.
Alcohol abuser!! :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
walkerwhippet said:
I think the gorilla trunk liner is actually that plastic/carpet type material. It's not rubber, but rather a carpet that won't stain or absorb any liquids. I've seen it as a bedliner in pickups that have shells.
It accually is a velcro type carpet... very thick, and it comes with little plastic thingys that you can move around and make "custom" storage in your trunk... like you don't want that 2-liter bottle rolling around in your trunk... it can stop that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Driver Gear has it for $115.60, with the slowest shipping of $16.46.
Then again you can get it @ your local stealership, markup, unknown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts