My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched hi and low, but can't seem to find any solid answer. And i'd like to apologize in advance as im sure this question has been answered SOMEWHERE, but i cant find it.

Is there any way (VAG-COM or otherwise) to have the flash to pass lights on all the time. In other words is there any way to turn the Flash to Pass lights into DRLs?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,311 Posts
HNDA-KLR said:
I've searched hi and low, but can't seem to find any solid answer. And i'd like to apologize in advance as im sure this question has been answered SOMEWHERE, but i cant find it.

Is there any way (VAG-COM or otherwise) to have the flash to pass lights on all the time. In other words is there any way to turn the Flash to Pass lights into DRLs?

Thanks in advance.
No, there is no way through Vag-Com that I know of... just switching the fogs to DRLs or off are the only options. Besides it would look like you were driving w/ hi beams on all the time.

Yes, you could do some fancy wiring (wire them into the fogs), but still- they may be a bit too bright.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt think they were "high-beam-esque" when it came to brightness. I noticed on the new "night driving" website that the golf in the videos has all four of its lights on. That was the look i was going for, but if the golf is anything like my buddies jetta, then i guess the Golf in the vids had its high beams on.

Thats too bad, i liked the way all four lights looked when they were lit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, I know old thread but I am trying to find out and don't feel like creating a new thread.

Has anyone figured out how to have the "flash to pass" lights on? I heard you could use Vagcom to turn and keep it on but not sure.

·
mmm...beer
2,815 Posts
Ok, I know old thread but I am trying to find out and don't feel like creating a new thread.

Has anyone figured out how to have the "flash to pass" lights on? I heard you could use Vagcom to turn and keep it on but not sure.
yeah, i heard this as well, would be nice to know if it is a fact. the headlights do look soooo much better with all the bulbs on. i played wit my mothers rabbit a bit, and i really liked that look.

also, would it be possible to throw in some low-beam bulbs in place of the stock hi-beams/flash to pass lights? would they still function as low beams? that way you can have the full headlight assembly light up. i dont know that much about electronics, so any input is appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally would still really love to see if anyone knows more about this. Bump to find an answer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I was doing research on it, all I could find is you can activate through VAG but it turns on with high beams so it's not constantly on like the DRL's

Anyone else with info? besides re-wiring as Dragon suggested

1 - 7 of 7 Posts