Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On deployment, just purchased my dream set up for my MKV... [party1]

3SDM .06 (18x8.5) and the H&R Ultra-Low coilover kit...
Seen how it looks online, and all I can say is BEAUTIFUL...

The new question is how in the blue hell am I going to get the proper fitment (meaning as low as humanly possible) without rubbing?:mad: I'd like it to look as dumped as possible (not enough $ for bags) but i still want to be able to turn without getting fender bacon [suicide]... Let ME worry about my oil pan lol I'm a master pothole dodger after 3 years of driving my dumped MKIV in HAWAII[drive] (The birthplace of the worst roads I've ever seen)

I'm all ears. Ready Set Go.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
8.5 arent huge wheels. With 205/40/18 or 215/35/18 tires and rolled fenders you should be fine. Lumi-gti would know more about mkv fitment than me.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
What is the offset if those wheels? Et 35 sits perfectly flush with the fenders and if you want to dump it. Just like hambone said. 205/40/18 or 215/35/18 would be the way to go. The latter would give you more room to play around.

I'd say et 40 and above you can get away with the 205/40 but if you go lower offset go with the 215/35

·
That's how I Röhrl
3,110 Posts
I run 8.5x18 with 225/40 ET 45 (very mild stretch) with HPA SHS coil overs (slightly softer than KW V1) and I am not lower than my previous H&R super sport springs. I've rub a bit in the front on hard corners but haven't since raising a thread and doing the screw mod. I think with 215/35 and rolled front fenders you can definitely go flush (top of tire with top of fender) or slightly tucked. If you're going for a stance nation look on coils, you will eventually do your fenders one day.

H&R is smart enough to stiffen up the springs the lower they go with their set ups, so be prepared for a bumpy ride. Personally, if you want to look 100% dumped on coils, be prepared for ruined oil pans, etc. Not to mention wear from camber and poor suspension geometry (control arm angles, etc.).

If you do proper low static, it can actually cost just as much as going bags, and then you still always have the risk of severe damage.

Anyways, take it with a grain of salt, and I look forward to seeing the turn out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts