Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

First Time Buyer Volkswagen MKV GTI

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  10bv01 
#1 ·
I am looking to buy a new GTI this week. Auto or Stick? Also any suggestions you guys have as far as options that are worth it/not worth it? Thanks a million.

#2 ·
Re: First Time Buyer

theres already a thread about manual vs auto use the search button...go with DSG though its quicker than the manual and its more fun than a manual as for options for me leather is a waste of money when it gets to 105 here you dont want your leather to be 110 when u sit down...the plaid looks cool the sat radio is awesome some 18 inch wheels are key climatic air conditioning is for lazy asses

#3 ·

Go with the manual transmission.

Here's my reasons:

1) It's cheaper.

2) Cheaper to maintain

3) Less likely to break.

4) More fun to drive

5) Longer life out of your brake pads

6) You won't kick your self in the ass after a few months wishing you had bought a stick

#4 ·

mofo529 said:
Go with the manual transmission.

Here's my reasons:

1) It's cheaper.

2) Cheaper to maintain

3) Less likely to break.

4) More fun to drive

5) Longer life out of your brake pads

6) You won't kick your self in the ass after a few months wishing you had bought a stick
I agree with you........ (mostly)

I think the percentage of people with the DSG that regret it over a stick is probably pretty low. DSG is about as awesome as an auto can get (so far) and for those of us who LOOOVE the manual, the DSG would be an acceptable departure.

I consider myself a wanna-be driver. I don't really have enouigh training or talent to ever be really competitive in the professional driving world. Even at that, I still had to have a stick. it just makes the car speak to me that much more. Again, this is just me.

#5 ·

I like the DSI, I went into VW hoping for a manual but alas none available. I took a DSG for a rip and by the time I pulled out of the parking lot I had changed my mind.
I took the leather as well as I hated the plaid, and as said before the 18" rims are a must have...
It's still only been less than a month, but as of right now I can't imagine regretting the DSG.

#6 ·

I bought the DSG and I am very glad that I did. I had a 2003 911 Carrera S 6 speed, a 2002 A4Q 3.0 tiptronic. This is my favorite car out of all of them. I never thought a VW would be better then a Porshe, but no way, this is the best car I have ever had.

#12 ·
i can see getting a manual before a good DSG came out...but now...its pointless...F1 uses it ferrari lambo all the top sports car makers and 90% of them will have it standard...when your going fast you want both hands on the wheel not doing so is a stupid mistake same with what i said above about women i dont want to have to knock her head outta the way just so I can shift when I can just use a paddle shifter or let it do it itself...why ruin the mood? why have a slower car? you and amy are apprehensive about your manuals and like i said lets take it to the track and I'll win each and every time...people who say manuals are for true enthusiasts are asses...its like saying you have a small dick if you own a porsche..its just that those people are jealous of what the other has...ill take my cayman and kick your ass and then go have some private fun with my woman...jealousy is such an ugly thing

#13 ·
kylmos said:
i can see getting a manual before a good DSG came out...but now...its pointless...F1 uses it ferrari lambo all the top sports car makers and 90% of them will have it standard...when your going fast you want both hands on the wheel not doing so is a stupid mistake same with what i said above about women i dont want to have to knock her head outta the way just so I can shift when I can just use a paddle shifter or let it do it itself...why ruin the mood? why have a slower car? you and amy are apprehensive about your manuals and like i said lets take it to the track and I'll win each and every time...people who say manuals are for true enthusiasts are asses...its like saying you have a small dick if you own a porsche..its just that those people are jealous of what the other has...ill take my cayman and kick your ass and then go have some private fun with my woman...jealousy is such an ugly thing
So how do you reallly feel? ;D

#15 ·
Kylmos; why do you sound like you're desperately trying to convince someone that you have a girlfriend? [cheers]

And you should be ashamed for getting head at a time you think you should have both hands on the wheel. Maybe I can see having your girfriend going at it while cruising on the highway or sitting in a parking lot; but why would you need both hands on the wheel then?

#16 ·
BlueFrogPosse said:
Kylmos; why do you sound like you're desperately trying to convince someone that you have a girlfriend? [cheers]

And you should be ashamed for getting head at a time you think you should have both hands on the wheel. Maybe I can see having your girfriend going at it while cruising on the highway or sitting in a parking lot; but why would you need both hands on the wheel then?
Who said anything about a girlfriend? There is room for interpretation with the GF acronym, such as guy friend. :eek: ;)

This is officially [jacked]

#19 ·
then what means something to you motherfucker529? if the track is not real life? do you mean dragstrip what do you mean? yeah 0-60 my tiptronic would kick ur ass and on the track...with all its turns and twists i would still kick you ass b/c you are motherfucker529. and bluefrogposse why should I be ashamed? would you turn it down at any time?

#20 ·
kylmos said:
then what means something to you motherfworder529? if the track is not real life? do you mean dragstrip what do you mean? yeah 0-60 my tiptronic would kick ur ass and on the track...with all its turns and twists i would still kick you ass b/c you are motherfworder529. and bluefrogposse why should I be ashamed? would you turn it down at any time?
I'm sorry, could you repeat that in English???

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.