Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I drive almost 2 hours home from my office. 10 min. from home I accelerated away from a light and was immediately pulled over. 53mph in a 35. CRAP! He was in a ford explorer too. ...the fast in me could help but think, just for a split second, >:D"he could never catch me!" >:D ...not that I would ever seriously consider running.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i think i am going to faint the day i sleep by a cop and see the lights start flashing. hah... seriously... if you ever see a silver GTI on the run from the cops in FL with tinted headlights you know who it will be

·
Registered
43 Posts
got pulled over for doing 61 in a 40. had a clean driving record, so the cop issued me a ticket for 49. i went to the judge -to keep my driving record clean i made a $25 donation to the local police fraternaty, and did 5 hours of community service at the local fire station.

the next day i got my radar detector >:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
they allow you to do community service i usually pay a ticket lawyer to save my ass they are cheap in south Fl. i got a ticket in S.C. for $150 for 87 in a 70 and paid 300 to get the points reduced to 2 instead of 4 it saves in the longrun for insurance but that was in a hyundai so it doesnt really apply to my fast

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah just got my first tix going from chicago to nyc somewhere in ohio. i pulled into a rest area to use the washroom and when i popped back out, a trooper was waiting for me.

trooper: do you know how fast you were going?
me: no sir, my speedo is off. i might have been going a little fast.
trooper: a little fast? i clocked you at 105.

thank god i slowed down before he clocked me... ::)

·
Registered
6 Posts
GotTobeInsane07 said:
what do you think would have happened if you said "i'm sorry officer but my fast made me do it ::)"
and pointed at a fast doll sitting next to me? i'm pretty sure i'd get hauled off to a looney bin

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Haha, my roommate got a ticket for parking in front of our house facing the wrong direction. It's just a small residential street, who the fuck cares? I told him to fight it on the basis that he wasn't obstructing traffic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
blackgti06 said:
i hate parking in the city they will give you a ticket for any little thing
yea what really pissed me off is that I wasn't even that close to the hydrant. I must have been atleast 6 feet away!!! hataz!! :mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
In NY you have to be 15 feet away from the hydrant in all directions. This includes hydrants that are no longer working. So, that means there has to be a 30 foot space in front of the hydrant. Well, needless to say I've never actually seen a space that big in NYC.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OMFG...you gotta be kidding...I never seen a freaking car that far from the hydrant in NY. I think they just pick who the hell they are giving a ticket too. It's a freakin' conspiracy :mad:.... ;D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
MSVDUB said:
OMFG...you gotta be kidding...I never seen a freaking car that far from the hydrant in NY. I think they just pick who the hell they are giving a ticket too. It's a freakin' conspiracy :mad:.... ;D
I think that is what they do, and I think the mob and private towing companies are behind it. At least that's what's happening in Boston. Either tow trucks drive around the city and hunt for the tinyest infractions or else there's people on the street or at businesses who earn a small commission for calling them in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts