My Fast GTi banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was being stupid, and was doing 65 in a 50 and got caught. However, I swear I thought I was going 60....gotta call Monday and find out how much this is gonna cost me

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't know about being stupid. That fast can really mess with your brain.

I had a black mkIV GTI and a black R32 fly past me, both going about 90 on the freeway the other day, and I thought, WOW, unbelievable.

I'd like to think I'm past the seemingly juvinile urge to join in for no apparent reason, but hey, I have a black mkV, and what a great line up to see go by???

So I joined in for a couple miles before my exit came up (a lot faster than usual).

This is the torture we all go through every day. :-\ Sorry about getting caught.

·
Registered
68 Posts
heh. i've had to watch myself. my job basically told me if i get another ticket i will lose it :( my fast gave my boss the finger but i had to lock him up. My speedo gets away from me time and time again. The first thing im buying for it is a V1. i have the money but waiting for a little more cushion before i buy it. still havent gotten my notes yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
tight thing about the V1 is you can mount it some place kinda hidden and run a seperate display unit to the gauges so if you do get pulled over its not so obvious its there. Also nice if you park in the city, its not just sitting on the dash saying "steall me". I work in downtown minneapolis and pay 70$ a month so i can park where i can see my ride. I had to choke a guy out because he was trying to shove a coat hanger down my window to no avail. Idiot was so drunk i think i caught a buzz from having him in a headlock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice... i hate the new barracks we moved to. i cant see my car anymore :( i dont have to worry as much here but i will once i leave here in october.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here's my closest encounter:

I was going 68 down a 50 about a month ago, and I see a cop on the other side of the street. He sees me, gets over a couple of lanes, and goes to make a U-turn. After seeing all that, I made the next right, sped-off down the street, found the nearest alley behind some houses, and pulled into some guy's driveway. It was all instinct, because I wasn't thinking about it at all. I was scared shitless. My parents would dropkick my ass if I got a speeding ticket.

So after about 15 minutes of enjoying the crisp, clean audio from the in-dash 6-CD changer, and sitting in the driveway, I left and went home. :p

Not getting a ticket was pretty badass, but I knew I got lucky, so I pretty much drive the speed limit now. I don't like being scared 24/7 when driving. Not good for the stress.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Sound like you've been playing too much NFS:Most Wanted. Did you find an actual safezone or just hide somewhere else and wait for a longer cooldown period?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'd say it was a safezone, but I waited for an extended cooldown also. It freaked me out, cause up until then, I've never had a cop following me.

·
Registered
690 Posts
GranTurismoInjection said:
I'd say it was a safezone, but I waited for an extended cooldown also. It freaked me out, cause up until then, I've never had a cop following me.
You should have gotten your car repainted after the cooldown period. That usually keeps them off you for a while.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I actually do that all the time...there are places here where one cop would stand at the corner and raidar people and then radio to cops a few blocks down, so I just hit up a side street and take another route...or if I see them in the median and about to turn around I book it down some side street if I have the time... I cant help but to speed..

·
Registered
857 Posts
i've had several encounters like this and so i've learned all the backroads that will lead me to my house, sometimes i'll go on a 10 mile detour just to make sure i've totally lost the cop.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
haha. shit i was at a stop sign and there was a cop on the other side of the road and i didnt see him and some kid was next to me so i had to show him up. (35mph road). i hit 60 and then saw the cop sittin in his car on the grass with his headlights on and crap. i got kinda freaked out but i figuerd the highway was comin up so if he tried to catch me atleast i could hit it down the highway (my rim is bent though so after 80mph you feel like yer gonna die, someone hit me car, gets completely fixed tomorrow)... but yeah fellas... mothercrap the police. i live next to a police station on a 25mph long straight away (went 4x way over 4x the speedlimit multiple times) and always blast it down the road. everytime i see a cop there when speeding he is always on the other side of the road though so i guess i am just lucking out 8)...

PS: if i ever get a ticket in my GTi i will probably get it taken away for good. my dad had to pay to repair my car since it was a hit and run ($500 deductable) and while he had a rental i had his car and hit something (box looking) in the road going 45-50mph so his front bumper is cracked and has a broken headlight... so yeah.. 1 ticket=no GTI

·
Registered
39 Posts
64 in a 45 :mad: whats worse is that the u-turn that the officer pulled to pulle me over was more dangerous than my "speeding". needless to say, i replaced my stolen radar detector the next weekend.

·
Registered
556 Posts
schnell06 said:
64 in a 45 :mad: whats worse is that the u-turn that the officer pulled to pulle me over was more dangerous than my "speeding". needless to say, i replaced my stolen radar detector the next weekend.
Haha, I had to read that again. I thought you meant you went to give back the radar detector you stole, hah.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Finally got my first in the mail today. ****ing photo radar. 69km/h in a 50 zone in a town I don't ****ing live in that I only stopped in to get gas. Image is blurry 'cause I don't got a scanner, I just took a picture of the picture...

·
Registered
10 Posts
i dont think cops trust my brightly colored Fahrenheit...i was just driving at the posted speed, and some cop turned onto the street i was on, and just followed me for over a mile. he was trying to catch me doing something stupid. he backed off after awhile, but those darn cops

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well at least I'm not the only one this week. Sounds like johnny law is hunting Dub's this week !!!
I got mine going north on I95 comming out of Ft Lauderdale, 4 brand new lanes and all finished, he called this a construction zone !!! Well anyway he got me at 80 in a 55 = $220.00 I just recived my new V1 on Fri. and made the same trip to F.L. yesterday and had no problems. I love my V1!!!! Dont wate to order yours... ticket 220 + V1 w/ship. 416 =636.00 !!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts