Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just joined this forum! I know absolutely nothing about VW's, and I was hoping you could help me figure out whats modified on my 2003 GTI!

I formerly raced ATVA MX aboard a Honda TRX450R
so I am no dummy when it comes to engines and general
mechanics, but TURBOS I know nothing about... :D

Heres what I know so far just from looking at it...

H&R Sport Springs
Bilstein Shocks
Aftermarket DV
Miltek Turbo back exhaust
STI Injectors?
Some kind of carbonfiber Intake

Pics:

·
Registered
181 Posts
who ever had it befor you knew what to get for it or just had the money to blow. that miltek is an amazing exhaust but its pricey. and the other stuff is pretty high dollar 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do all milltek systems come with a res.?

if so then where is it located on the exhaust system?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure you can get the Miltek with or without a Res... but It's located some place between the cat and the muffler itself.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
By the looks in the photo's, the bumper and fender signals have been slightly smoked. But they are the orange housing ones... That DV looks strange. No engine cover either. Get a boost gauge and see if it's been chipped or not, too. Clean car ./

·
Registered
181 Posts
whats good about the exhaust:

its one of the best tuned systems for the mk4 gti let alone evey model year of the gti. it mixes performance with a tuned sound that is second to none. the only better exhaust in my oppenion is the 42 draft designs exhaust. but it is pretty new to the market and not many were made unless they started mass pruducing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments,

I have a boost guage on top of the colum and it runs at
8-10 PSI under full throttle.

10 PSI at 1500-6000RPM

8 PSI at 6000-6500RPM

I love the car, I ran it against my friends Z28 this morning and I got him off the line but by 3rd gear he started passing me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think it's a Carbonio intake :) Seriously though, it looks like it's in good shape is can go F A S T!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Car isn't chipped. I'd highly recommend getting that done by an authorized APR dealer in your area. Then proceed to race your friends z28 again. I bet this time in 3rd gear he won't catch you.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Pull the downpipe off and measure the inlet. If it's bigger than 2.25 inches than it's bigger than stock, if not it's stock. If you already bought a catback, just buy a 3" downpipe with a matching high flow cat of test pipe, and have a shop weld in a piece leading to your cat-back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.