First, Stage 2 is a chip so you can cross number 6 off the list. You'll find out that our cars have diverter valves, not blow off valves so you can cross number 5 off your list. If you want to hear the "psssh" sound in the cabin then get yourself an intake. P-flo makes the most common, cost effective model. The biggest bang for your buck will be to downpipe and chip it. Another thing that's not on your list...lower it.Some of my 'to-do' thoughts right now
Performance: (I am a college student so I am definitely looking for used parts, and have many people to help with self-installation)
2. Stage two
4. Short shift kit
5. possibly a smooth sounding blow-off valve after a significant HP increase
6. I don't know about chips/tuning but from what I understand that is something I should be looking at next
1. Red interior LED's, wire them and put switches in the center console blanks.
2. I originally wanted to do a kind of red mood lighting in the sunroof opening, but am pretty sure it would be too visible and illegal.
3. possibly replace the shifter. Something low profile/black or red/chrome accented
1. WIDE-BODY! It is my absolute dream to get a nice wide body kit, but that is after a decent amount of engine mods, and then a lottt of saving up. Ken Block is my idol...so, yeah, you get the picture.
2. Rims: I have the cool two tone black rims so I don't think I will change those anytime soon, but in a year or so I may be interested in a light-weight black/red set of rims
For now I am really focusing on my first engine mods, thanks for whatever advice you can give me.
Welcome to the club!I too am new to the GTI. 2012 Black GTI 2.0 TSi CCTA 6sm. I have the following and I love it.
AWE vent mount boost gauge, Forge short throw shifter, APR carbon intake and carbon pipe, Forge blow off valve to be installed, H&R sway bars front and rear, 10" JL 10w0 and 300wattt JL amp, complete LED interior lights, Euro LED taillights, Euro Led headlights, ESC tuning camera mount with GoPro HD hero 2 with remote, OEM red and chrome GTI badges front and rear, Red OEM door seals and seat inserts, and HID kit for heads and fogs. I am going with APR stage 2 ECU for now. Car has 4300 miles, and was bought new in January. I will try and post picks.
Thanks, e-mail sentMatt, I have a pic of the tails on my profile, just click on my pic it should come up. If you want my emai is [email protected]. I could send you some pics. The fog light HID kit is from USP tuning. Total for both HID kits ( head light and fog) was around 330 or 340. Yes they are OEM Euro kits. Anything else just ask me. More than willing to help a fellow dubber. Nate