Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend and i finally raced last night 3 times, his mods: intake, exhaust..and im also going to point out that at the time his car weighed about 500 lbs less than mine now my mods:none

Race 1: it was a pretty bad choice of road, we both had a good launch but the road had lots of dirt and gravel so we both spun the tires a little (mine way less than him), and in about 5 seconds i was a good 4 car lengths ahead and at the end probably around 5 car lengths ahead..so we both sorta ruled that one "unfair" so onto race 2

Race 2: on a main road (no traffic at all) we were able to go for about 1/4 of a mile and this time i had a bad launch so he got off the line about .5 seconds before me...i quickly pulled 2 car lengths ahead and steadily gained more ground between us until i hit a stoplight

Race 3: was totally unfair because we pulled up to a stoplight and i was looking over at him and then the light turned green and i started a good 2 seconds behind him...yet again i caught him and pulled way out

on his own celica forums these are his own words, "i raced my friends GTi...i got raped."

we plan on racing again and im gonna get my really good video camera out this time and have our friends record it

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah the celica is a crappy car no surprise that u won the only car in that class that might have a chance is the 2001-02 hyundai tiburon GT with 196 horses other than that any car from toyota and hyundai or really any other in our price range will get beat by a GTI

·
Registered
749 Posts
kylmos said:
... or really any other in our price range will get beat by a GTI
That's a pretty broad (yet ironically closed-minded) statement. I think if I only considered performance, I could pick about a handful of cars in our price range that could beat us.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know a kid who has a cobalt ss, i'll see if he wants to race...and im also going to race a '97 camaro Z28...and my friend who has the celica beat the Z28
but, from now on any race (win or loss) i'll have videotaped (i hope) so i'll post em

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
I wanna get the iFlip camera or whatever it's called. 149 for 1GB camera that you an upload straight to your computer? Can you say racing videos?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, my friend said he was thinking about buying a 1080p high-def camera so we can show our video's in ultra clear picture

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am the friend that ran the GTI, I have the celica.

kylmos said:
yeah the celica is a crappy car no surprise that u won the only car in that class that might have a chance is the 2001-02 hyundai tiburon GT with 196 horses other than that any car from toyota and hyundai or really any other in our price range will get beat by a GTI
So you are saying that my $8000 celica that is 8 years old is in the same class as his $27000 GTI that is barely 8 months old? Usually I classify my cars by price.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts