Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I GOT IT BACK TODAY!!!! 3 WEEKS LATER!!!! i brought my car into the body shop 3 weeks ago for repairs and it was suppose to only be a 5 day deal and ened up being 21 days... oh my god when my dad dropped my car off while i was at work and i saw him in the parking lot i had that feeling like i was so happy i was about to cry!! hahaha i was like running around my store trying not to shed a tear haha. i had the biggest smile on my face allllllll day long :)... haha right when i took it home i installed the open front grille vents for it so tomorrow i take it out for a test drive to make sure everything is in perfect condition >:D

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I'm happy for you. It must feel even better for you now than it was when you first got the car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
indeed, absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Happy for you with the return of your fast! ;D

·
Registered
300 Posts
P.S. How is it? I know shops can be hit and miss from some personal experiences. Does it look the same/drive the same? I actually had a '97 jetta come back from the shop after an accident that drove better - much better handling.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fuck... I am taking my car into the shop in 3 days... Im gonna have to drive a fucking cobalt or neon rental for the next month...this sucks... Im gonna end up stabbing myself in the eye 38 times with a pencil... :'(

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah there were some ups and downs with the car... it looks great! just like new but they didnt replace the front passanger side wheel so the car still shakes at excessive speed (bent rim) and they didnt fully screw back on the passanger headlight... so i took it to the shop the other day and they ordered the rim and screwed the headlight back on but hit something in the back so now the actually light shines down instead of straight... so yeah... i think they ordered a new headlight also haha.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sounds like you're almost back to good as new. Excellent. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks ;D i cant wait to be able to reach 80mph without feeling like i am going to spin out haha

·
Registered
112 Posts
I dont get mine back for another week. :'( I still have to drive this shitty g6 around... I still havent had much luck finding info to arm myself with when I talk to insurance company of the chick who rear ended me... they will pay for my loss of value, but this car is so new I have nothing to base the current value on....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts