Volkswagen GTI Forums - My Fast GTi banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone...this is my first post so im hoping this is the right spot for this. Was at walmart earlier in the day and come out to a cart up against my fender with a nice dent too. so now i have a month old Fast with a dent in the fender. does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to fix this or best to just take it to a body shop and get screwed over for money.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Or call your insurance company, have them arrange everything to have it fixed, and get screwed over for money :(

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
You can always just come over to my house, give me $500 or $1000, (whatever your deductible is, I'm not picky) I'll kick you in the nuts and It will be basiclly the same. >:D

I'm sorry, that was mean. I would be pissed if a shoping cart hit my ride. :'( :'(

If the paint isn't too badly damaged you may be able to get one of those dent guys with the salad spoon things to pop it out. They usually give free estimates and the repair is usually under $200. Doesn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah im gonna stop at the body shop tomorrow and see what its gonna run me...the paint on it is chippin off fron under the lip and there is a small crack in the paint too so i know its not gonna be cheap. gettin the insurance company involved isnt worth since my deductiable wouldnt cover it anyway so its all me on this one.

·
Registered
342 Posts
xxxNeophyte said:
yeah im gonna stop at the body shop tomorrow and see what its gonna run me...the paint on it is chippin off fron under the lip and there is a small crack in the paint too so i know its not gonna be cheap. gettin the insurance company involved isnt worth since my deductiable wouldnt cover it anyway so its all me on this one.
What are you talking about? My car got keyed by someone last week. $1300 of damage, but I only pay my deductable of $500. That's saving me $700! Depending on what your deductable is, it may not be a bad idea, in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts